A WIN for the Crew!!!! Plus MLS review

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 21, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Finally showing some form, as well..

The Crew is on its third system of the season. Tonight they employed the lay back and counter strategy that has served New England so well, and it did the job.

It helped to have Robin Fraser back in the lineup at center D, he had a serious injury and at 'age 57' it should have set him out for about weeks but the guy is amazing. The Crew attack is still lacking, Hejduk scored both and from corners.. his first was a garbage cleanup after defender Marshall headed the basll off the crossbar but the second was his own header as he had Marshall, I believe, set a pick at the top of the 6-box to give him space.

While this is 'only a win against new club RSL', Salt Lake is a serious good club with talent and a GOOD coach .. exception being, Clint Mathis might as well have been on the bench for all he showed tonight.
    - - - - - - - -- --
    Speaking of New England, above, I have made numerous references to their connections to the other Kraft team, the Pat's and thought they would sooner or later start to feed off the Pats' attitude and that maybe Belichick was giving them some pep-talks.

I'm not the only one who sees the connection
    Wynalda:
    Yes, you crazy Brits, MANY american footy players are NFL fans 8)

NE, stays on their amazing ( for them) track, drawing the Metro's -still winless at home- 2-2

Meantime, DC finally gets it together at the expense of KC, who are almost as hapless as their sister team, the Crew. But things arent all that great still for United. Their Defense leaves much to be desired.

And the Fire gets a win!
    Yeah, it was only against Colorado, but it's a win!
    BTW: Cunningham - Crew mainstay for 4 seasons till this- seems to be on fire for the Rapids as he figures into much of their scoring but sooner or later, the Rapids fans will figure out he is as much a hindrance as a help for a lagging offense.

LA- San Jose.. who cares!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While it was Colorado, I was happy Chicago won last night!

I was disappointed about the New York let in the late Taylor Twellman equaliser yesterday afternoon! It was a nice strike, but I was hoping the Revs unbeaten run would end. Oh well.

I also watched the DC United/Kansas City Wizards match. DC looked good and look to have found their form after a bit of a slow start.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And then, there's Chivas... no matter how bad the Crew is, Chivas is worse.

No matter how besieged our manager is, at least it's not Rongen!

What an idjit! The ONE fair performance for Chivas previously was in goalkeeper Brad Guzan. But Rongen puts in Zuniga!

Result: Dallas 5-2 Chivas, scored on in first minute by someone nobody ever heard of!

Consider this:
    So.. let's fix that by replacing the keeper?!!!!! I dont have to spell that out for you fans, do I?

Rongen took DC from the top to the bottom, and he will keep Chivas there! Long may he reign!