A 3rd flamboyant owner in West London

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Spencer, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 17&cc=5901

WOW is all I can say about that. For those unfamilar with Flavio Briatore, he is perhaps the most confident, arrogant, cockey, stylish, SOB ever. He is one of the major players in F1 and most notably the ultimate playboy. With Naomi Campbell and a host of other models already in his resume he charmed himself into a relationship with Heidi Klum only to send her packing as soon as he found out she was pregnant with his child. Such behavior is disgusting and not to be emulated but you can't help but regard it with a bit of awe.

Anyhow he says he's taking QPR to the top flight. We'll see. I'm just thankful we've got MAF and not this bastard.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

QPR on their way?

Well the deal has since gone through and it turns out Bernie Eccelstone is in on it. Thank god Eccelstone dosen't have anything to do with Fulham. If his activity in F1 says anything its that he cares nothing about history or the fans and only his bank account. I can't imagine Bernie would get involved in football for any other reason than money.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 85,00.html

Anyway they are belived to have purchased the club for 14 million pounds and say they'll be in the prem in four years. We'll see. It would be nice to renew the rivalry.

Interesting to note QPR were sold for less than DCUnited were sold for last year and the Chicago Fire were sold for this week. This is interesting because QPR have their own ground, which DC do not, and because QPR are only one promotion away from a TV revenue jackpot, which of course Chicago and DC are not. Though admittedly neither MLS team was saddled with 13 million pounds of debt.

So anyway the next time a QPR fan is giving you crap just reminded that his club in all its history and glory is worth less than the Chicago Fire.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: QPR on their way?

I'd go easy on that. Exchange rates. And assumed debt is same as part of purchase price, so it''s really 27 million.

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

QPR on their way?

DC went for 33,ooo,ooo USD. Chicago was reported at 30,ooo,ooo USD.

So with debt taken into account QPR went for 54,ooo,ooo USD.

Given that DC pays rent for a stadium and has no forseeable acess to that kind of TV rights and brand visability I thought it was suprisingly close.

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: QPR on their way?

Oooo, I'd like to see QPR in the top flight with us. That'd give us one heck of a rivalry to fight out.