2022 Winter Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Jan 13, 2022.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

First move of note for Fulham in the Winter transfer window - Cyrus Christie is out on loan to Swansea for the remainder of the season. He's been the invisible man this season and didn't even get into the lineup when Tete was out. He played in the Carabao Cup match against Leeds and one appearance in the U23 team.

BarryWhite and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It'll be interesting to see what our shifts will be. We could always use a quality player up front, midfied, or defense, but I don't see us making any major changes. We HAVE the squad we need to get automatic promotion.

BarryWhite and SoCalJoe like this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Don’t think we’ll see much except for trimming the squad UNLESS a big club tries to swoop in for Carvalho. I know he turned down a contract and is on a free at the end of the season, but I hope we don’t just fall for the $$. I’d go back to his agent (apparently his is a big name in the agent game) and offer him a huge raise, but only on a 1 year deal. That way we just delay his move (he’s leaving for sure) and let him focus on helping us get promoted. Simple math: if promotion is worth $70 million that is far more then the $15-20 mill we’d get back for him this window.

dtowndough, MicahMan and nevzter like this.
  4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Do not sell Carvalho...unless it's poured directly back into another attacking player. And even then, I do not like it. COYW

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Fulham don’t need any players - unless they come as replacements for departing players.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony Khan signs someone though since he loves to get his name out there. It’ll probably be a bit player that ends up on the pitch for less than 15% of the remaining available minutes this season. Or if I’m truly cynical, a fourth goalkeeper.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Danish Captain Christian Eriksen is apparently ready to continue playing professional soccer, despite having died on the pitch for five minutes in the 2020 Euros. He was, of course, resuscitated by fast and competent medical attention, and has had a device called an ICD (implanted cardioverter defibrillator) put in his body that supposedly works well enough to allow him to resume normal athletic activity for a 29 yo professional athlete. Inter Milan terminated his contract last month because he cannot play in Italy with such a device implanted inside him. He’s been working out with a third tier Swiss club a half an hour’s drive across the border from his Milan home. Brentford have supposedly offered him a six month contract with a year option, if it works out. We’re also supposedly interested in signing him, although I’ve seen no reported evidence that would suggest that’s the case. I’d be in favor of it. It’s a low risk/high reward scenario. If he starts out at 90% of what he was and quickly improves to 98% or 99%, it’s a win, win. But I don’t think we’ll bite.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...-over-potential-premier-league-return-sources

nevzter and MicahMan like this.