Zbigniew Brzezinski - Apologeia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 27, 2017.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

When I'm Wrong, I'm Wrong! And boy, howdy... [​IMG][​IMG]
    I've spent years bashing Mika's dad for Carter's mistakes in Iran. When it turns out that Secretary of State Cyrus 'milktoast' Vance was the unwitting progenitor of our never ending Iran problems... or you might say:
    'Godfather of America Held Hostage'.
    If ZB had held sway, the ongoing Embassy Occupation would have been treated as the Act of War that it certainly was.
    NOW I'm trying to figure out where I got that wrong impression of ZB's influence. Ted Koppel?*
    The answer to my serious foo-pah is obvious: Continually Research Your Opinions.
    Which I failed to do until I decided to make sure I got the facts straight, one last time.
    Read Recent History: It's good for you!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski

Note: That doesn't necessarily mean any on-point opinion of ZB's views was wrong. Just colors it differently.
    * The more I think about it, I believe I did get that impression on Koppel's show during the crisis. ZB was on a lot and of course he gave out the administration's official line.

Continually Research Your Opinions and Viewpoints

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Mr. Brzenski's passing took my mind back to another facet of that troubled time: the failure of Operation Eagle Claw, the hostage rescue mission. When it was aborted in the Iranian desert, the subsequent crash of a helicopter and airplane during refueling cost us the lives of eight servicemen. In the short term, it cost Carter his presidency, but in the long term, it led to the reorganization of our special forces. That reorganization, I believe, is what led to the success of the Bin Laden operation in Abbottabad, Operation Neptune's Spear, without the loss of any U.S. lives. I think about those eight every Memorial Day.