Zat effing KNIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Sep 2, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Boy does that piss me off... a header, no less, and he found springs for his shoes.

1-0 villa over Cheslk.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Haha, I was just going to make a thread up on his goal, but you beat me to the punch. Can't believe he actually scored in his first match with Villa. Watch him turn out to be a quality CB with him being on par with the likes of Terry, Carragher, Cambell and Woodgate.

(That last sentence was absurd and has absolutely no truth in it. Just having a laugh)

3. pettyfog

Dont be so sure it was absurd. If MON gets into his head and puts him on ritalin or the psychological equivalent treatment then all the quick trigger fans will be moaning.. "WH-y-y-y-y-y dint he play that wa--a-aa-y for us?"

Answer: Because Coleman was an idiot!

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Bit harsh on Cookie, but I agree that O'Neill is a cut above Coleman. No question about that.

Side note... Zat has been immense for Villa today. Winning every ball in the air and has cleared dangerous crosses without a problem. He's been working with O"Neill for what ... 36 hours and he already looks like a new CB.

5. pettyfog

I think it's well established that Coleman did his player-coaching over pints.

sometimes a player has to take it on himself to cures his own mental maladies, but being counseled helps. Refer: Eddie Johnson

Make it clear... for Zat, this is a brilliant bump. Just transferring cured nothing.

6. pettyfog

Ashley Young... Brilliant, Villa!

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Now, don't get all excited about knight just yet. He is motivated, wanting to impress the fans and all and he always stepped his game up against the 'big' teams. It will not last, bet your money on it.

The fact he scored with his head was a miracle but he is still sh!t.

Good on him though, atleast its against the scum.

8. pettyfog

That's exactly my point... but it would be a relatively small thing for the malady to be found and cured, or at least, the condition put into relapse..

Oh my, 'Zat-luck' almost happened from the Joe Cole 'nutmeg'.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Zat's always been able to turn it on; he's done it for us already this season and a turned in a couple of memorable performances for us last year. The problem is that they shouldn't be memorable because they should be routine.

Think of an especially memorable performance by Terry or Carragher. It's hard because they're always giants out there.

Good for Zat before the home folks; great for him for sticking one past the Scum. It'll be a month ... maybe two before the Villa threads start up with "how did we spend 3.5 mil on this donkey."

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Weird Phil Collins Quote Alert!!!

Don't remember the name of the song, but "I don't care anymore. No more, no more."

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

as a phil collins and genesis aficionado, were you thinking of:
    "Seems he met up with a gang of thieves,
    Who mistook him for a man of means"?

12. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well he did it against Chelsea so I can't say I'm to upset!

We've seen this with Knight time and time again, he plays really well for a few games then he proceeds to suck for the next four months costing us goal after goal, game after game. It won't last, I'm certian.

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Ok everyone ..... deep breath in through the nose and exhale through the mouth! Its called a cleansing breath; try it the next time Zat enters your thoughts.

If that doesn't work then maybe we can find someone to lead us in a group meditation (or medication) session.

14. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

It can't be THAT long before he puts in his first own goal for the club. It's always immensely frustrating to watch a player do poorly for you, and well for someone else.

Can't last. C'mon, it's Zat!

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Seems eerily appropriate. Which kind of sums up my impression of Phil Collins/Genesis. Wonder who he/they support???

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mars United

17. USSOCCER10

USSOCCER10 New Member

He has potential, I dont know how old he is but he showed flashes especially against Arsenal.

18. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

As long as he doesn't play this well when they make the trip down to the Cottage, I'll be happy.

But still ... I cursed a bit when I saw the recap of the game. Lunacy I tells ya.

19. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Even if he goes on to play well for Villa his absence will still save us 9 points a season or more! He is now playing for his boyhood team and even a 'tard like Zat will find be up for the first few games.

I wish him well, but don't doubt he will start costing Villa points.