Your thoughts on the start to the season...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Oct 4, 2006.

?

How do you view Fulham's start to the Season?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2006.
  1. Disgusted....why are we not unbeaten?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Disappointed...we should have taken a full three from Watford.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Satisfied...good work rate from most of the lads and a decent start to the season.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Excited...better away form including a nice win in the closing moments at Newcastle.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ecstatic...we're not in the relegation zone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Put in your comments for the start we've made to the season.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

More excited than dissapointed, so far. Potential is an extremely overused term, but I like what I see percolating over there off Stevenage Road.

Fulham (or at least most of the players) seems to have developed a new, fighting attitude this season. I think we may still need to convert a few or weed them out, but maybe Fulham is establishing a persona that goes beyond Fulhamish.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I checked satisfied. We have picked up nine points, four of which came on the road. We have only had one really bad outing against Manchester United and we are not in the relegation zone.

Looking forward, the number of injuries in the team right now is troublesome, but if the boys can continue to play with heart, passion and energy all the time, anything is possible.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Excited. Our away form is good. Well on the way not to be relagated and starting to find new ways to play our players!

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Satisfied... CC is going to make some moves in January and he's weeding out the prospective benchsitters by playing them now.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Ha-ha, good point! Some of our guys are playing (or not playing) themselves right out the door.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Excited with the way the team is playing. While we still concede goals Zat Knight is playing like an England international. We are playing well and some of our injured players are now starting to return to the team which is good news especially with our scheduel coming up.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Satisfied; I like the fighting attitude. I want everyone in the Prem to feel that 90 minutes with the Whites is going to result in aches and pains in the treatment room the next morning.

I think we'll do better as injuries begin to heal and the first team squad gets better.

My biggest disappointment so far is the early exit from the Carling Cup. We need a good cup run to stimulate income and get some excitement around the country. I agree with a point that ChiTom made a while back that it's also our best ticket to Europe.

When a team is fighting relegation or pushing from promotion, a cup run can be distracting, but for a team not worrying about either, a good cup run can mean everything. See the Hammers last season.

9. Zack

Zack New Member

Satisfied...like others considering what could have been looking at it both on the positive or negative side....but 9 points is 31 points away from the "mythical 40 point safe zone"....as l ong as the boys keep working hard and not taking just o.k. for effort and results good things will happen....COYW

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

This is a good start. We have played Man U & Chelsea and apart from the first game of the season we have not looked lost.

When the injured players come back it will feel like new signing as we have so many quality plays out.

I think 42-44 points is going to be safe this season as Watford and Sheffield United go down with few points.

11. BC

BC New Member

I'm quite satisfied so far. We've played tough through adversity and have not folded. It would be easy to just give up after losing many players to injury and getting blown out by Man U. But we did not and we're sitting nicely in the middle of the table just now. When we start getting our guys back from injuries and if we make a few good moves in the January transfer window, we'll have a good finish.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

What moves do you suggest?

13. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I voted 'satisfied'. I'm happy with the away points Fulham have picked up so far. My biggest concern is lack of goal scoring. I would also like more attacking lineups (example: Radz and Routledge rather than Boca and Volz in midfield).

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Rummy, I think lots of people are leaning towards the line-up you suggest. What is amazing is that we have managed wins and draws while sorting the midfield out. I think Routledge, Brown, Diop, Radz could be solid and established for present and the immediate future.

15. BC

BC New Member

I'd love to see Gooch at Craven Cottage. A consistent, quality striker would also be a benefit. We might do well to nab another good midfielder, though, as we've had to play Boca and Volzy at midfield the past few matches.