You have been paltinied

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by bosniaba, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bosniaba

bosniaba New Member

Well platini did it again. For those who don't know Platini is a former french soccer player now president of UEFA a governing body of all soccer in Europe. He got France to Euro directly I specially liked when in second half ref started to give France all the fouls big or small and in first half he didn't. That way he seemed fair to everyone but really not. Bosnia never got any foul called close to 25 meters from goal in second half. If anyone seen the game Dzeko goal was great but he did it without pushing anyone or being close to offside. If he even put a finger on a France player and scored a goal it would been called a foul but there was no way to not give a goal for a ref. Than in second half a soft penalty that could have been called outside of box but France needed a goal and platini probably promised Scottish ref a big game he is going to be calling in future like champions league final or something like that so he had to let France have a penalty. If Bosnia won do you think that ref in that game would get any other big games to call i don't think so. So even if paltini never said anything to the ref he knew what he had to do. So after Ireland now Bosnia and next qualifiers someone else will get same thing done to them. I think it is time to call platini on it. President of UEFA should be someone born outside of Europe and president of Asian federation should be born outside Asian countries and so on. It is all a bit of a lough until your country gets what is now known as platinied or frenched. Irish fans know how it feels. Ask for French team well only good player was menez and that was it, and they were not even better than Bosnia and arrogance of French fans and players after that penalty and goal. Nice going there a country that has 65 million people against a country of 4 million people and still being arrogant. France couldn't beat the Irish fair and what is even worst they couldn't beat Bosnia fair wait they didn't beat us at all it was 1-1. Well I hope Irish qualify for euro and Bosnia does too but what is the point if that big nosed frenchman wants he can make France win Euro but with play they showed against Bosnia they will need a lot of help from platini in Euro there. Some will say France did lose against belorussia in paris but platini can't help France every game it would be to obvious so he only helps them in important games and he can't help them when they play big name countries. This goes much deeper than platini. It goes into tv rights in goes into how many fans will come to euro. It goes into money. If France didn't qualify for euro french football federation would lose money from tv rights and euro would had less fans spending money in Poland and Ukraine because Bosnia has less people than France and that would mean less money for UEFA and to sum it all up I will use what a Bosnian sports journalist said " What did we expect to beat France in Paris and qualify in front of France while platini is the president of UEFA it was not going to happen there" I know this might not interest some people on here but i had to write something about this.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bosnia, I feel for you. I support you 100%. Unfortunately, my interest in international soccer is for the US. You could require refs from any federation and we would still get screwed. I'm not a fan of the Klinsmann era but I do hope he is around long enough to see enough of the injustice that he speaks out. I would like to see if he has any impact because so far the US has done nothing to directly point out these glaring irregularities. I cant get the image of four Slovenians fouling US players in the box on Edu's disallowed goal out of my head. The fix was totally on, no doubt. And that happens all the time. At some point I will give up and take up crocheting as a hobby.

I thought Bosnia-Herz still has a chance via playoffs. If so best of luck and I'll be rooting for Bosnia. Please keep you know who in place so he doesnt put his shorts on his head again

3. bosniaba

bosniaba New Member

Correction Bosnia still has chance in playoffs if we don't get portugal because Ronaldo has to play at Euro i am suprised danmark beat them today but I am sure platini will make something up so portugal goes like last time in World Cup. I didn't only write this only because of Bosnia i seen USA play in world cups and they don't get fair calls from refs. This is all the sum of lesser soccer nations getting screwed by big name teams. I seen Italy v USA in world cup 2006 2-1 for Italy and there was no fair refereeing in that game as for Slovenian game that was the truth what you said. But I think USA gets screwed by refs because some refs might not like USA but what can we do one day an American might be president of FIFA an Bosnian a president of UEFA no way they will clone platini. France had to had a penalty there was no Henry to score a goal with his hand like against Irish hahhahha

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Didnt realize Portugal was in the playoffs. You are most likely right about Ronaldo and UEFA wanting him in the Euro. I dont know the format of qualification. How many teams qualify via the playoffs?

5. bosniaba

bosniaba New Member

There could qualify four teams via playoffs. There are eight teams in it. Seeded teams are Portugal, Croatia, Czech Republic and Ireland which could play against Turkey, Bosnia, Montenegro, Estonia. I hope Bosnia get either Czech or Ireland and not Croatia since that would be war between the fans and I already said what I think about Portugal there.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Awesome title thread :lol:

I tend not to buy into conspiracy theories (there was no phone call to the refs changing room at halftime). However, big teams get the majority of calls at home in big moments no matter the sport, be it Old Trafford to Yankee Stadium, to Staples Center (Lakers). I think this is more to human nature in being a referee, and less than bribery (not saying that doesn't happen). I hope Bosnia gets a fair seeding, but don't play against my Czechs :cool: .

One thing that is hard to argue against is the seeding for the playoffs. Without a doubt there was groans at UEFA when Denmark beat Portugal and claimed the automatic spot. The last WC qualifying, Portugal got the easiest playoff opponent because they wanted the pretty boy there.

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Replace the Lakers with the Heat and you would be right. Lakers getting calls? Sure.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Always love to rattle your cage Justin. Of course Sacramento Kings fans would probably side with me...Game 6 :?