Wow, who could have seen this coming??

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Aug 25, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was just talking about this match on another site, Christian. It IS stunning, how a riot could break out between the two most tolerant sets of fans in England. :shock:

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

If they ever get matched up again, let them play in Perm.

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

funny, usually when home fans invade the pitch once, the match gets abandoned. when it happens three times, you'd think it would surely be cancelled then.

but no, game on each time. let the hammers win. i then smash my head on the wall.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd another reason I hate the west ham cheating united.

6. articbob

articbob Member

I know the second movie sucked, but they didn't need to try to make a third one on the pitch.

Next match should be played in an empty stadium. period.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't like the violence, but I sure do love the damn rivalry and passion. I wish the Prem was loaded with nothing but old school derbies. It makes for a much better season.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Wow, I can't wait to have to answer questions about this kind of crap from relatives who give me grief for liking this game.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ignorant thugs...you can be passionate to the extreme without wanting to beat up the opposition. Unfortunately, there are still grown men at their age who want to relive the 70s/80s.

Let alone that many of the people involved aren't even interested in football, they just want to kick someones head in. Sick.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I remember the unalloyed joy of appearing in a ground in opposition colors and hearing the end where all the "dedicated suppoters" stood, singing "you're gonna get your fuckin' head kicked in" on and off for the full 90 minutes.

All in the spirit of good sportsmanship, of course!

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Kept the away matches interesting, I'm sure. You wear that dedication like a badge.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I remember when [second division] Luton defeated Newcastle at St. Jim in the FA Cup and being very glad that their black and white scarves looked just like ours.