WORLD CUP 2010 - Pre-Event Whistle Wetting

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

*UPDATE: FIFA says no extra refs for WC 2010, opening "disciplinary proceedings" against Henry*

Idiots got it completely backwards. Tantamount to blaming the messenger.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

WB, calling FIFA idiots is frankly an insult to idiots everywhere.

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Oh my... yet another totally pointless media stunt by Fifa to refuse to accept any responsibility or blame for anything.

And yet I love the world cup and pour my hard earned money right into the pockets of those corrupt bastards.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Man, I hate the corrupt shitheads at FIFA.

I think I said this before -- when the NFL, NBA, and MLB, and to a lesser degree the NHL, look at Sepp Blatter and the UN style corruption that FIFA houses, they just have to laugh to themselves. Sometimes they have to think, "We're in competition against soccer? FIFA? Please!! You can't even punish match fixing in the Italian or German leagues right! Look at Pete Rose. Enough said -- this is how the Yanks do it. Any questions?"

No technology and disciplining Henry. What fools.

(Although the latter is not an entirely bad idea. How do you sanction a blatant handball? On second thought, maybe it better be nothing more than booing the hell out of him)

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Are players sometimes sanctioned for dives or violent challenges that weren't called during a match?

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yes; UEFA sanctioned Eduardo for diving even though he never got a card for it. Thing is, I don't believe that FIFA has ever done so.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

But didnt they then overturn that sanction?

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

#@&$ it. it was probably instinct by henry and deflecting blame to him is even more abhorrent than fifa's refusal to move INTO THE FUCKING MODERN WORLD. add a ref, maybe some technology, you know, to GET DECISIONS FUCKIN' CORRECT. there's no charm or beholding to the spirit of the game in blatently wrong calls being upheld or Ireland going home, or any other myriad incorrect decision this past year (see Roma v. Fulham x2).

if i ever saw platini or blatter, i'd fight them and they'd feel the pain of everyone (while i was tasered by security i'm sure)...

as you can tell, i've had a couple pints.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

did you see that the ever-deluctable Charlize Theron pretended to pull out Ireland from the bowl of beans? Seems her main squeeze is Irish.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

No- where was that?

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Cunningham training at Auxerre
    by Paul Kennedy, Thursday, Dec 3, 2009 7:00 AM ET
    [USA] Jeff Cunningham, the 2009 leading scorer in MLS, is at Auxerre the surprise of France Ligue 1 season, training to prepare for the U.S. national team's January camp that will kick off preparations for the 2010 World Cup.

French-American Jerome de Bontin, the former president of AS Monaco, is close to Auxerre management, and suggested that Cunningham head to the Burgundy region for offseason training at AJA. De Bontin has been in contact with other national team players about following Cunningham to Auxerre.

Auxerre is one of the smallest clubs in France but has a long history of success, gaining promotion to the First Division in 1980 and winning the league title in 1996.

It opened the 2009-10 season with three straight losses but recovered to run off seven straight wins and take the league lead. Following a 1-0 loss to Paris St. Germain, Auxerre is tied for second place, two points off the lead.

It's perhaps most famous for having produced French great Eric Cantona.

Auxerre recently entered into a partnership with U.S. club Rush.

One of Colorado Rush's top stars, Zach Foxhoven, younger brother of the University of Portland star Danielle Foxhoven, will travel to Auxerre to train with the Auxerre academy players as early as next January.

-------------

Wonder why he doesn'tjust train with some MSL'ers.....HA! I kid!!

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and this fits in this thread how exactly?

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hez yer local Timon, WB! Tell him to scroll up to 'Theron'

heh...

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Time to reconsider your opthamologist:

"...training to prepare for the U.S. national team's January camp that will kick off preparations for the 2010 World Cup."

15. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Charlize Theron is welcome in any of my threads anytime, but point taken.

Don, get yer head out!

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The day that FIFA, never mind UEFA or any other regional governing body, sanctions a player for a handball or diving and makes it stick is the day that I beat Brede Hangeland using a Cruyff turn.

Jerks.

17. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The referees for the WC were announced. None from the US. Not surprised I guess, but it does seem to be a glaring omission. The Netherlands doesnt have one either, but the UEFA teams seem to come all from one country. This is not true for CONCACAF.

The other really good news is that the ever corrupt cheatin' Larrionda was chosen again.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournam ... 10fwc2.pdf

19. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I have been preparing for our Spring 2010 World Cup Recreational Soccer Season, and have been providing the Gaffers with inspirational videos.

There are quite a few good ones for almost all of the countries and teams, but this one has had the most profound effect on me so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBlpzVSOCQ

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Awesome video! Thanks, WB.