Window shut, not concerned....

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.... not TOO much, anyway.

Amidst all the groaning on the offal about us not getting that magical player that will turn the team toward the top four... I ponder the idea that maybe footy management is summat like poker. Or blackjack.
    You have to know when to hold and when to ask for a card.

This is a pretty good roster; the back line is headed toward 'solid' status. the midfield only needs organization and consistent line-up in position to gel. And that, in turn, will lead toward the forward(s) getting the ball for more quality chances.

Look at the selection possibilities, - complaint is that 'we are thin' my comeback is: "How many subs do we get?"

In any team sport, fielding consistent selection is much to be desired. You cant keep fiddling with the lineups and field assignments and get the most out of what you have. Especially in soccer where timing is so critical.

So, to all those who complain we suffer in defense, I say, "How many clean sheets do you need?"
    - I believe the "Z-Z" problem is now solved. And dont believe we will see that pairing again this season.

To those who wonder where the goals are coming from: "From the players who are confident in their abilities and team mates to get the ball to them and connect with the pass."

And to all those who complain they havent seen Elrich or HH.. I ask: "Well, which is it..do you want good football, or to see the new boys?"