When a roster becomes a team...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Sep 7, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. and the role of the player captain!

Even if the Captain wasnt on ANYONE's roster the week before!

Sirk's Notebook: Do You Believe in Miracles?

I've mentioned before that Sirk is one of the, if not THE, best Soccer Anecdotal writers in the biz

And you'll note I didnt wax poetic over the Crew finally getting over the ridge into respectability... it's not exactly as though I didnt believe it... it's more that I wanted tosee if I saw it right.

So now that Sirk has told me it's okay....YIPPEEEEE!

Note what a 'captain' does and says even if he's NOT being paid to be at practice.... and remember only 8 of the guys on the Crew had ever played a scheduled match with him.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Glad to see the Crew kicking some. You have, by far, the Brazilian with the coolest name of all!

Best of luck the rest of the year and next.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Yea...we just need him to drop his first name and continue to play like his last!