What Cd's have you been listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Jan 7, 2005.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: What Cd

I was stupid enough to buiy the first one....

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: What Cd

If there are any Coldplay fans out there, you should do yourself a service and check out a group called Blue Merle. If I had not seen a picture of the band, I would have thought it was Coldplay.

The leadsinger sounds so much like Chris Martin that it is scary. The music itself is not quite as good as Coldplay, but it is not bad. Their album is called, "Burning in the Sun." Check it out and let me know what you think.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I got the new Raveonettes record "Pretty In Black." It is not as rowdy and guitar heavy and distorted like their last record, but I do like the sound of it. Sounds an awful lot like some 60's acts. If you have not heard this band, check them out.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I have the new Audioslave single "Be Yourself" and its a really good song and I am definitely looking forward to their new album.

5. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Is the new Green Day album worth getting? The radio hits so far have been OK - a bit punk pop - but I do not want to buy another album based on liking two songs. I've been burnt too many times!

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Glen, if you want, I can burn it for you and send it your way. I think it is a decent record. The songs you are hear on the radio are solid and there are a few other tracks that are good. Let me know if you want a copy of it and I will get it to you.

7. RDG

RDG Member

Joy Division (vinyl only, I've just got a new turntable)

Ian Curtis d. 18 May 1980 Love Will Tear Us Apart

I cannot believe it's been 25 years. :cry:

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Do you like Interpol? They seem to be compared to Joy Division an awful lot.

9. RDG

RDG Member

"Do you like Interpol? They seem to be compared to Joy Division an awful lot."

No, but I'll be checking them out, thanks!

10. americanmike

Audioslave - Out of Exile

Its strange, the album is "ok" but the one thing I noticed is that the lost the "Rage against the Machine" sound...

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I got the new records by the Caesars called "Paper Tigers" and it is great. You might have heard this band on the I-tunes commerical singing "Jerk It Out." This band's last album, "39 Minutes of Irresisitable Bliss" was great as well. If you have not done so, I would recommend checking this Swedish band out.

12. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Has anyone heard the new Weezer cd? Thoughts? Thanks.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is not nearly as good as their first two or three records. It has its' moments of glory, but top to bottom it is not all that great. I am not too big a fan of the single, "Beverly Hills." There are a few decent tunes, but to me, Weezer's best stuff will be from Pinkerton and their first self-titles record.

14. americanmike

PRODIGY

I gave the new Prodigy album and try and it has grown on me. The first track is good stuff and there are a few more that are quite catchy...

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: PRODIGY

Does it sound anything like "Fat of the Land?"

16. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

RE: Re: PRODIGY

Anyone gotten around to the new System of a Down disc yet? I love B.Y.O.B. but I've heard mixed reviews of the rest of the CD... I know that previous experience with SOAD has been listen to the CD, don't know what to think of it... listen another 4-5 times and find that I love it...

Two more recommended bands...

Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers... great stuff, saw them open for O.A.R.

Gratitude... ran across them on iTunes... apparently played Coachella (really need to get to that show someday)... excellent heavy-Brit-pop sound...

17. americanmike

Glen might not agree but I think that most of it does sound like the first album

18. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

RE: Re: PRODIGY

if you like house music, i highly recommend this link. It's from radio one...every week my favourite DJ hosts the essential selection show. He plays a house set of all the current essential vinyl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/petetong

If you go to listen again, you can here the show online...

19. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I am a massive Prodigy fan but this album is the sort of album they could write in their sleep. Don't get me wrong, its better than most others could offer, but its no Fat of the Land or Experience. Having said all that, I might just be getting old (and fat).

20. mrsjux

mrsjux New Member

Caesars

If you feel the urge to come to Columbus twice in the same summer, ChicagoTom, the Caesars are going to be in town June 15, $5 tickets...