WC: All but US matches

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 12, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

In tourn thread

Arg 1-0 Nig

Ummm... I propose that the result for ARG might have been more affirmative if 'dona & all the coaches had been on a bender and failed to show up

KOR 2-0 Greece

KOR looks great, Gre seems to be walking stiffly. Didnt someone in greece win something in soccer a few years ago?
    What IS their national sport.... Walking to the corner to pick up their dole checks?

-- oops!
    France 0-0 Uruguay

heh...

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

S. Korea did look great. I'll be cheering for them as they are a nice under dog team. Every team has shown up except Greece, perhaps the rioting over the size of their dole checks has worn them out.

SA should have won that match. Thought they should have had a PK, but former defender SteveM19 does not agree.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: WC: All but US matches

AND is 100 percent right -- He got the ball. If you get hit, lose the ball, and try to go burrowing with the worms, that is the strikers fault.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I can't think of the South Koreans without remembering that petulant speed skater celebration against us in '02. For that and Seol, to hell with em.

5. pettyfog

Slovenia beats Algeria 1-0.

Who do you think is most dangerous to USA now?

Pantsil is playing now. Ghana starting strong.. the Jabulani, so far, seems to me to be lowering the chances of long distance strikes. Seems to soar. Reckon the players will adapt?

Nugget: According to commentary, as of the start of Ghana v Serbia, no striker has scored a goal.. 3 defenders have, rest from MF players.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Anyone else notice that the name on the back of JP's shirt says "P-A-N-S-T-I-L"?

7. Kathy

Kathy New Member

GHANA- PANTSIL GO GO GO
    And I love you, Clint. Too bad about the hand of clod, but we'll take it.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Love the JP victory lap. :D

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Man, Alexi Lalas is a cranky old bitch, isn't he?

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

My wife asked the same exact question (in so many words).

Would have preferred a 0-0 Slovenia-Algeria, the gk really screwed up. The pressure on the US & England just got turned up a notch.

Didn't catch the misspelling, but loved seeing Pants' victory lap. You know it was a good call when none of the Serbia team came over to argue the handball, leaving the poor dude alone.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

So, uh, rough first half hour for Schwarzer... :(

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Australia's defense is looking like a leaky old boat ready to go under at any moment.

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Out of the frying pan and into the fire for Australia. Can't say I saw a red card in Cahill's challange.

14. pettyfog

Who was it said Aus wasnt bad as they looked against the US?

Yes they are.
    4-0... time to see if 'Men in Black' is on, for a change.

:(

15. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Yikes 4-0. :(

16. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Should be 5 or 6... :shock:

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Michael Ballack who?

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Sorry Cahill, that may not have been red card worthy, but it was a bad play and you put yourself in a bad situation.

Sorry Mark, that was ugly.

Aussies are going home early -- I do not see four points in that squad versus Ghana and Serbia, especially with Cahill out.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I could see either a yellow or a red for Cahill on that play. I might have given a yellow, but I couldn't disagree with a colleague who pulled a red. Aussie are screwed. Their defense is a shambles and their most creative and dangerous player is out for at least another match.

If we win our group, I think it'll be Ghana that we'll be facing. That would mean Dempsey running the wing defended by Paintsil.

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Serbia is not dead yet. They can beat Germany and Australia, I think.

Germany and Argentina do look the best so far. Messi could have had a hat trick or more, but for Vincent Enyeama of Nigeria. Dude made all kinds of Tim Howardesque saves.