Watching McBride play for Fire

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Mar 30, 2009.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I went to the DC United-Chicago Fire game on Saturday night and I must admit, my eye was mostly on McBride (my first time ever seeing him play live in person).

He put in his usual McBride constant effort and had a couple of chances on goal, but I felt sorry for him. He was forced to spend much of his time trying to explain the rules of the game to the ref. "No really, doing that is a foul, ref; no ref, if he runs into me and falls, that not a foul."

Really, while the level of play in MLS is improving, the reffing level is ... well, I'd call it shambolic, but I don't think that's negative enough.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Think so andy? I thought the penalty call in last week's DC/LAG game, where the ball hit someones thigh, was spot on.

3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

RE: Re: Watching McBride play for Fire

A guy I work with has season tickets to the Rev's and went to the Rev's Superliga match where Howard Webb was the Ref. He said you could tell the difference right away between Webb and the regular MLS refs, he said it was not even close.