War On Terror OVER!! (UK)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Dec 31, 2007.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

The article below describes how the UK or some people within their political system have sifted through the BULLSH!T and decided that the "War on Terror" is not necessary.

The article is small:

I'm not saying we dont need to fight Terrorism in some way. I think it should be policed... IMO.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Until the Bush/Blair "war," terrorism was usually controlled by law enforcement. Indeed Britain has been dealing with terrorism in and around London semi-continuously for about 40 years -- primarily without uniformed military -- all the while urging the public to be calm and resolute [rather than telling them they should all be frightened 24/7].

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Don... you want to point out where BushCo advocated being 'frightened'... or are you just channeling Gore's "He played on our FEARS!"

Of course Gore knows something about THAT doesnt he?

And why is the Daily Mail Linked? I thought it was....

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I dont think he advocated being frightened... but he certainly didnt tell us not to be.

For example, those "homegrown" terrorism plots that all winded up to be false. He used some of those arrests in his speeches, but when they were found to be less of a threat or unfounded, he never really retracted on that.

I'd like to say pushing us to go to war with Iraq was playing on fear, at least a little... he had congress and the senate eating out of his hand, the drumbeat to IRAN was played off of fear.

He's no Hitler, but he's used it to some degree.

I agree with Gore playing on fear. Especially after he denied a scientific debate in topic of GloWarm.

Fear gets people confused. Explotation of confusion is just a cousin of the exploitation of fear.

I copied the article from military.com.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Smokin... are you reading the WRONG news? Are you talking about the two guys from Florida with the 'fireworks' in their car trunk? It was found to be MORE significant than originally thought.
    I assume you meant the 'Sears Tower plot' which probably should have been followed longer before action was taken.

Do you want me to find and post the plots and outcomes.. all those who plead guilty to charges?

As to the 'fear factor' it's all in the head of the beholder. There's nothing to be gained, politically from a 'climate of fear' as it snowballs and really screws up an economy.
    That's what I dont understand. Pointing out dangers is not the same as spreading fear. Nor is linking dangers to a specific group 'hate or racism'.

But what the UK is doing is sugar-coating the actual dangers. Terror cells ARE active in the UK. And they are being run out of Mosques.
    It's happening here, too. But some dont want to acknowledge it.

I aint trying to spread fear. I'm simply saying the danger's there and dont act all surprised when one of the plots succeeds. And when it DOES .. THEN dont let fear affect your life.