Volz - See ya!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jul 11, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

It seems Volz has told FFC that he does not want to sign a contract extension and would like to leave after the 2006/2007 season is over. Sounds familiar doesn't it?!?!

Maybe he wants to go back to Germany or maybe he knows Liam is the top man in SW6.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wow! Better sell him rather than let him leave on a free. Mike, do you have a source on this or this just what you have heard from others?

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Volz - See ya!

No papers, no news show...its a direct source.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Re: RE: Volz - See ya!

What is it about Fulham these days? We're relatively secure in the Premiership, we're in London. Is it Coleman? Is it a question of MAF's committment? This is getting ridiculous!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is probably a combination of those things Dave. In this specific case, I think Volz really wants to move back to Germany in the hope of factoring into the German National Team in the next year or two. The best way to do that is to play in the German Bundesliga.

Reading Volzy's diary on his website he really enjoyed the World Cup and mentioned how much he wanted to be a part of it in 2010. That being said, I think he feels he has a better chance of getting their playing for a German team rather than Fulham.

As a whole, I think players are thinking of leaving Fulham for a number of the reasons you mentioned above. The most pressing issue would be that of the future of the club. Fulham is somewhat stable in the Premiership, but not as stable as we think. Yes, they have been in the Premiership for five straight seasons, but at least of those five have had Fulham in a relegation battle going into the last month of the season.

Not all, but a lot of players want to be on teams that are fighting for European spots rather than for avoiding relegation. The Fulham brass seem to be content with just avoiding the drop and playing another season in the Premiership.

Until the club makes a concerted attempt to really bring some more players into the set up for a top-ten finish and beyond, Fulham will have this reputation. I understand we are a small club and always will be, but if some money is spent and some players are brought in or youngsters develop and team has a few seasons in a row in the top ten players will start coming and more importantly, you will see players wanting to stay at the club.

I hope this summer is the start of bringing in some of those kinds of players I mentioned above, but time will tell. This club needs to finish in the top ten for many reasons. Not just to please us, the fans, but to show players and other clubs around the world that they are for real and want to grow and be a factor to contend with in the Premiership.

I could go on and on but I will stop. What are your thoughts Dave? Everyone else?

6. Bocacrumbs

Bocacrumbs New Member

Re: RE: Volz - See ya!

Are you sure? Not like I know you but is this a friend of a friend thing? Or some 'bloke down the pub' whos cousin cleans Chrissy's shoes?! :D :D

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It has to be the "comfortable" reputation. Fulham has London location, which, unless you're talking Liddypuddle or AlexwastesAmericans United is where non-Brits want to play. Small is okay, if you're ambitious.

I've been keeping out of the CC arguments, because while I have some serious doubts about his team selection, every time I think he's calcified in his thinking, he surprises me with some seriously aggressive lineups.

So, I think it has to be a perception on the part of a lot of people that MAF is not going to do the doo with a view towards anything but keeping FFC up. What else could have pried Claudio out of London in search of Manchester's "other team?"

Specifically, I'll really be sorry to see Volz go, if he does. When he's got the wind up his backside, he really sells himself dear in the tackle and supports the attack very well. But, hey; he's a professional, and if he feels more comfortable elsewhere, you have to let him go and wish him well.

CJ? I don't know why he'd want to go to Brummie-land, but that's another post, I guess.

8. martin

martin New Member

If Volz really has national team ambitions, he should be in a panic right now. Much of the Germany World Cup squad is his age or younger. There may not be room for Volz with young defenders like Huth, Lahm, and Mertesacker already established in the squad. If he doesn't crack the lineup by Euro2008, I don't think he ever will.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I really hope this is false. I'd hate to see Volz leave. He is a tremendous player with skill and great work ethic. What does this say about the mood of the club if Steed, Volz, and John all want to hit the road(to play for Steve Bruce in CC no less)? I'm concerned to say the least. I hope we don't drop Volz down to the reserves. That in my opinion would be very foolish. No Volz= no depth at RB. I for one am not totally convinced that Rosenior is the number one guy.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Which leaves the transfer door open for.......

Don't tease.

11. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

i dont think he sould leave, it would be a tragedy... he is an awesome plaer... no doubt, he is better than rosenior.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He can leave. Roseny will be the better player and by 2008 will be challenging Neville for the England RB spot. Rosey is a future world class RB and Volz is probably always gonna be a starter on a mid-table team.

Our players probably want to leave because of our financial situation. While pretty much every team is being linked with top class talent we are signing players that might make it. I like the idea of bringing young players, but we should be challenging for the likes of David Nugent and Hatem Ben Arfa not Gaby Zukuani and Runstrom. Fulham need to start spedning more cash and not on shit players like Bridge. With all the other Premiership teams spedning loads of cash we could be in deep shit if not next season then soon.

13. Beachside

Beachside New Member

Volz wants out because the contract extension he was offered was strictly M.Mouse. What passes as the club's 'management' is becoming seriously embarrassing. Volz was offered less than such luminaries as Pembo and Norm. While Chrissy Wissy continues with the 'me and my mates' style of management, we'll ship talent........