USMNT v Mexico @ Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by quickdraw, Jan 26, 2009.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

The core of our defense, Timmy, Carlos, and Gooch are all in good form and playing 90 minutes for their clubs. While some complain about the predictability of Bob's teams, what is has done is build up an on-field understanding among the core players. This makes the USMNT better than the sum of their parts, especially compared to other national teams who change half their roster every game..

2. jmh

jmh New Member

For that matter, playing 90 minutes for clubs that are performing well - Everton in sixth in the EPL but closer to Arsenal in 5th than to Wigan (what?) in 7th; Rennes in 7th in Ligue 1 but closer to 2nd-place Bordeaux than to 8th-place Nice; Standard once again in 1st in the Jupiler League. That's got to be great for their all of their confidence at the moment.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Pizza by the sea? Yummy!

5. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Why haven't the venues for the MNT's home matche in June and September been announced yet? We are in family-vacation-planning mode...it would be great if I could take my sons to a World Cup Qualifier as part of our vacation.

6. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

I completely agree with BostonCottage as far as lineups go. Altidore probably won't get the start, but you cannot deny that he is simply better than Ching and I would like to develop that in a big game. Also Torres looks good, finally a steal for us. (Take that, Giuseppe Rossi and Isbevsic and Subotic... damn, that's quite the threesome.) Anyway, I can't see anything better than Torres scoring on our neighbors!

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: US v Mex v Weather

Very "hospitable" winds, but I couldn't find the temperature......??

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Oh why didnt I just plan to stay home. I'm a curse. I go to see Fulham play at the cottage last year for the game that happened to be the lowest low of the season. Now this ominous weather.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: US v Mex v Weather

It'll be warm, Christian -- Cleveland is looking at over 60 degrees tomorrow.

11. pettyfog

US v Mex News roundup

Google news aggregation

High winds might favor US
    - dunno about that. Seems to me a good chance that wind shift and game are sched about the same time.
    - And that 'Tornados kill 8 in OK' worries a little. No, Mo... there wont be a tornado at Hudson St and I-71, Terrain doesnt favor that.
    On the blogs

As to TV coverage this day.. DAMN YOU, Bret Favre!

What's worst is that everyone is spending many minutes talking about Favre and summarizing 'Yawn!'

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: US v Mex News roundup

Our own Jim "Cantore" Armstrong, man on the street.

Petty, I'm surprised you haven't figured out how to do a live feed on here yet, as that would be seriously kick-ass for this event. BTW, sign o' the times, I came here first to get the weather report on tonight's match. Knew it would be a non-story elsewhere (except those back alley blogs, Jim visits.)

13. pettyfog

RE: US v Mex News roundup

Hope for rain and cloud cover mid to late afternoon. If sun comes out, over and WSW of Columbus, for any period of time it's gonna be nasty, gametime.

-Not my job. Good Idea, though. Bring that up to Mikey. No, not for Forum per se.. for left sidebar or header.

See FAQ

14. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Wind is picking up here in Cleveland. High wind favors no one other than lady luck IMO.

Off to Columbus very soon. Look for me, I'll be wearing red :wink:

Come On USA!

15. pettyfog

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Will catch a rebroiadcast of the clash on ESPN 360 -- pesky class commitments, and something important going on (says CSU, they got to make me jump through the hoops)

So, short and sweet,
    COYRWB!

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Take em to Azteca in August. Might be a little warm but surely a cultural experience they wouldn't forget!

18. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

19. LaxAttack

The final three home games of the Hex were announced:

In case you missed it, Chicago, Salt Lake City and Washington D.C. were awarded the final three home USA matches of the Hexagonal Round. And yes SBI Mafia members, those three cities should sound familiar. Get your travel plans ready for USA vs. Honduras in Chicago, USA vs. El Salvador at Rio Tinto Stadium and USA-Costa Rica at RFK Stadium.

20. LaxAttack

Nice first half and goal by Bradley.

Huge save by Howard early in the game.