USA U-23 3 Overage Players

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jlough, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jlough

jlough New Member

After watching us tie CUBA last night, it may be a moot point. However, there appears to be a lot of young talent that can't get it together. Obviously, they could have used Bradley who was unavailable because his Dutch team is in a dog fight. I was thinking the three added players could be Howard (help stabilize the defence and provide solid goalkeeping), Dempsey (as an attacking midfielder in the 4-5-1 or whatever that formation was) and the third person I just don't know (Defender-Boca, Pearce, Goouch, etc) or Landon possibly. I was impressed with ADU playing the Landon role. Are we the team that couldn't make the Olympics in 04 OR the youth teams that do pretty well (not great) in World Cup Competitions from U-17, U-20? Any thoughts?

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

might wanna check out the USA Olympic Squad thread...there's been some talk about this on there...but overall consensus seems to be in line what you posted.

3. jlough

jlough New Member

Thanks for the info. Kind of interested in the thoughts of this group also.