US WNT: The future is a week old.

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Sep 28, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

A shocking thing to read, but after thinking about it for 10 seconds...
    Si's Wahl: As Brazil emerges as a power, is U.S. on way down?

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I disagree, this is the type of doom and gloom that gets written after any major loss......

The US played like crap the whole tournament yet coasted into the semi's with ease. Had even this depleted squad played to its potential they could have won another cup.

Reversely Andy's thread a while back about just how few countries have won a mens wc shows how incredibly hard it is to do. We are getting better but we are an awful long way off a world cup. I'd put are odds of winning one of the next three world cups at 30-1 at best. Well the odds of the women winning one of the next three would at the absolute worst be 10-1.

I'd of expected than this better from Grant Whal.