US vs Colombia/Peru

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by astroevan, Oct 2, 2018.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

Russell Canouse has been outstanding for DC United since his return from injury and he deserves a shot, and at 23, he's almost an elder statements on this squad.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Wish Jozy wasn't hurt and that we had a permanent manager in place already.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Hmm. Thought Josmer was hurt. Doesn't appear to be in this recent highlight. I'm puzzled. We certainly could use him against Colombia and Peru....couldn't we?

6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

It seems that Sarachan doesn't rate Altidore going forward.

Fresh off two goals in two matches (UCL and Bundesliga), McKennie has pulled up lame and will also miss out on this camp. Another bummer.

Now 3 of the 4 midfielders of the future are sitting out - Adams, Pulisic, and McKennie. Looks like Fafa Picault and Marky Delgado have been called in. Still no Hyndman or de la Torre though. Sigh.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Caught the first 25 minutes and the 2 goals to start the second half only, but with James & Falcao out there the final score was not a total surprise: I dare say HD’s favorite player, Julian Green :rolleyes: was the best US player from the limited minutes I saw. Weah’s through ball to Woods was exquisite.

encorespanish likes this.
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A little bit of upside in what could easily have been a rout. I told HatterMom at the half that I smelled 0-6. Nice to see Bobby Wood score. I tire of my fellow Terrapans constantly looking for someone to take his striker position away. Aside from a couple of seconds, I thought that Miazga and Brooks did fine. We WERE after all playing Falcao and James. It's well to remember that this is the finest Colombian side ever in history and they've made sides more powerful than us look useless.

Let's see what we do against Peru. I rather enjoyed the match. Here's a thing that made me smile. When HatterMom watched Acosta split the center halves at the dead run and then score our first, she said "Clint Dempsey!" That was nice -- and pretty accurate.

encorespanish likes this.