US v Slovenia

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Jun 13, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Gah. 24 hours later or so and I don't know how to feel.

First, our back four has no one to blame but themselves, esp. Gooch and Demerit -- both goals were just simply poor efforts on our part. That said, I see that Birsa plays for Auxerre -- I hope he stays away from Fulham for a while -- he was a force. Cherundolo is the best we have on that back line -- don't get any more yellow cards Steve!

I thought Donovan did what captains are supposed to do -- lead in times of adversity. He really manned up. Bradley may have been the US MOTM, and I thought Altidore had a poor game, right up until he had that sweet assist.

The ref was a disaster, but he didn't kick a ball for either team (he hosed Slovenia a number of times on yellow cards). He was horrible, and FIFA's let them eat cake philosophy is just unacceptable, but aside from venting about how incompetent he was, we can't blame him for the defeat.

Sorry Findley, you got hosed on the yellow card too, but I won't miss you against Algreia -- you are not good enough. bring on Buddle (he said with his fingers crossed and rubbing a rabbit's foot).

Slovenian yellow cards versus The Three Temperamental Long Haired Felines -- no one is out for the game, six guys who all broke my spell checker are on one.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I have absolutely no problem pointing to the referee and saying he cost the US two points and I am very slow to blame officials in any sport.

This referee should be sanctioned and should not be given the chance to make the same mistakes in this World Cup again.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

My guess is he thought he could play the Andrea Pirlo role of deep lying playmaker. And it just didn't work. Claude Makelele Torres is not though. So good point.

6. EricD

EricD New Member

Nice photo LAX

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Here's another markup:

[​IMG]