US v Honduras

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Oct 14, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Tonight 8pm on ESPN, for those not watching baseball.

Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3):Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    DEFENDERS (6): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
    FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

gonna miss the entire thing and no chance of DVR. sigh. Hope the lads do well.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'll be monitoring both, with main eye probably on baseball. But it'll be interesting to see who JK trots out there. Kinda excited to see more of the WC guys out there.

4. tim

tim Active Member

Rimando; Chandler, Jones, Besler, Garza; Zusi, Diskerud, Bradley, Bedoya; Dempsey (c), Altidore

Jones at center back?

Bradley atop the midfield diamond, with Mix playing behind him?

And it's off topic, but I'm so sick and tired of JK trashing MLS. Last week it was bitching about not having promotion/relegation and now he's beating the dead horse of Bradley's move to Toronto? Ugh.

5. jumpkutz

Jones IS at center back! Interesting.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2 things:
    A. Good for Jozy
    II. Klinnsmannnnn's a human being. He's got opinions, just like anyone here. Perhaps the problem is not with him, but with the 'journalist' bring up the issue?!!!'
    - Said 'Journalist might just follow up with how JK thought that Prom/Rele would affect his job as US coach.
    - If JK doesnt like Bradley's tie with Toronto, I dont either. But as Tim says: 'Dead Horse'. so.. who brought it up?

{Have you figured out I am really pissed off at the state of journalism?}

7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Klinsmann is never satisfied. He bemoans the level of play at Toronto. But had Bradley stayed on the bench at Roma, he'd be bitching about Bradley's playing time and game condition.

I didn't see the match, but one thing is certain... we need to stop conceding in the last five minutes!

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, the way the second half went the US was lucky they didn't concede a goal earlier than they did. They're tinkering and the busload of subs late in the game didn't help in keeping Honduras off the board. Don't read too much in these games. Is it better to win and look good doing it? You bet, but I'm not too concerned as long as the team wins when it matters.

9. tim

tim Active Member

We looked bad. No way around it. Even if you want to call Jozy's goal a bright spot, I don't think he looked that great (and he scored near post--should have been saved). Dempsey and Bradley didn't influence the match at all. Jermaine didn't totally screw up at his new role, so I guess there's something to be said for that. Really few bright spots. But as Heather pointed out, it was a pretty meaningless match.

10. jumpkutz

Pretty much agree with everything Heather and Tim said. I thought Bradley was especially, well, un-Bradley like. Appeared to kick the ball backwards towards our goal more often than towards theirs, even when not under pressure. Puzzling, to say the least. But, again, largely a meaningless match.