US U15 BNT advances in Copa de Naciones

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

They finished top of a group which included Brazil, Uruguay, Panama. They play next in the quarterfinals tomorrow. Good news for the future in light of some of the not so good results in recent years. Interestingly, the team includes Joshua Perez, the nephew of former US MNT standout Hugo Perez who I have read carried the USA team on his shoulders offensively back in the 80s and early 90s. Perez currently plays in Fiorentina's youth system so he must be a promising prospect. I've been following this tournament because a local boy was named to the team.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/u-15-boys/2013/08/u15-bnt-advances-to-qf-of-copa-mexico.aspx

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The USA came away with third place in the tournament. Having lost to Uruguay in the Semis, they drew 3-3 with Paraguay when Perez (see description in previous post) scored a stoppage time equalizer. The US won 7-6 in pks with a local Cleveland boy converting the winning pk. And I have it on good authority that local player has now been invited to train at the U17 US residency program in Bradenton. :banana-dance:

btw, Argentina was the Copa winner.
    http://www.soccerwire.com/news/u-s-...-at-copa-mexico-de-naciones/?loc=mid-atlantic

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member