US MNT v. Costa Rica & Honduras

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, May 26, 2009.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bradley names roster.

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewAr ... 17921.html

I like the list, especially glad to see Marvelous in there.

Missing . . . 'Dolo, parkhurst, and Marshall, but I dont know their current injury situations. Did I miss anyone obvious?

Cant wait. The article says we have never beaten Costa Rica away.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh USA, USA USA USA USA

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I will be in Chicago for the Honduras match.

The only "surprise" I see is Feilhaber. I am guessing he is fully recovered from his injury. I know he has been seeing some playing time for AGF Aarhus lately, but I guess Bob wants to give him a look and see.

Otherwise, everything seems the same as the past couple camps.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm surprised to see Pearce, Adu, Beasley, and Feilhaber. The former three haven't played much recently, and I hadn't heard about Benny's brain transplant.

4. LaxAttack

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

What silliness goes on in Ives' comments!

Wynne or Spector.... note the ironies.

Ahem! This game is at Saprissa, guys; that's the point. Frankie will be missed, esp in this one.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm hoping Edu is fit to play. Would love to see him partner MB in midfield every important match from now until the Cup in 2010.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

[Not for the first time in a post by you] I don't understand the "note the ironies" comment in your post, or the "silliness" involved in Ives suggesting those two replacements. If not Wynne or Spector, then who should start at RB against Costa Rica?

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Let me refresh you.. you can find it. 'An upper league player - Spector- over an MLS player - Wynne- any day.'

- Since Frankie cannot play. {?}

Now here's my point Don. If Frankie was able, he'd be the man.

Why? Because it's at Saprissa and, there, the US needs all the Psych it can get. Frankie may not be as good a defender as either Wynne or Spector, but he's always up for it. and that's what you need when you go into the Valley of Piss Bags.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not optimistic about this one due to Bradley's insistence of playing counter-attack on the road. 6 points from these two matches would put a hammerlock on the group, but 4 points is more realistic.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I think it will be Spector at RB

And SoCal, despite the obstacles, let's go for the hammerlock!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just saw on Sky Sports News that the knee injury that sidelined Maurice Edu from the Scottish Cup Final is going to require surgery. Guess we won't see him this summer at all.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

No Edu and no Hejduk. I can't believe this match is already here - quite nervy about this one and I'll be happy if the team brings a point home.

13. nevzter

After a relaxing glass of California Zin, I now realize my expectations are too low to only hope for a point...I think a win is a realistic expectation. But, I won't be apoplectic with a point taken away in WCQ. The injuries and conditions point to a counter-attack strategy, with Ching alone up top. Definitely not sexy soccer, but it's got a mostly-proven CONCACAF track record with ol' Bob.

14. LaxAttack

- Looks like Ricardo Clark was called into camp to replace Edu, but I don't see him playing.

- Also looks like Altidore has returned from his toe injury and could play/start.

- Ives was saying the turf at this field in Costa Rica is awful. Think Giants Stadium from 10 years ago and add tons of rain storms hitting it.

15. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Re: RE: US MNT v. Costa Rica & Honduras

Same here. I'm actually having a "National Pride Day" on Saturday. Going to watch USA vs Wales (rugby) at Toyota Park in the early afternoon and then head for Soldier Field from there. First time I've been away from my newborn girl, so that will be rough. This is my only sporting event this summer, so I gotta make the most of it.

16. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

RE: Re: RE: US MNT v. Costa Rica & Honduras

Also I'll be happy with a point tonight and a win Saturday. Had we had more time to prepare, we could nick 3 in Costa Rica (despite history) but given the fact that most of our squad lacked proper training...a draw is fine with me.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

She's a beauty, pard!

18. LaxAttack

I am celebrating America by drinking mass quantities of alcohol all weekend. I am visiting a lot of my college friends who live in the Chicago-land area. Good times await.

19. nevzter

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Re: RE: US MNT v. Costa Rica & Honduras

I'll be in the chat room if anyone else is around.