UEFA Cup: A Better Style Wins!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, May 14, 2008.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Rankers were going to suck the life out of the match with 8 in the back, just like they have done all tournament. Zenit were too fast and too good, thankfully. Score a 2-0 victory for Zenit. A 1-0 victory for good football over crap.

Also, the Zenit fans were far more attractive than all the fat huns.
    :twisted:

2. Gregweaver

Gregweaver New Member

agreed, a Zenit win was a win for football

3. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Hear hear PCB!

A group of Rangers fans apparently stabbed a Zenit supporter prior to the match, the injuries weren't life-threatening though. That, and they were involved in a huge clash with the police during and after the match.

Not a good day at all for the Orcs.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steven Davis had an excellent 20 minutes or so in the 2nd half. He looked sharp, decisive, quick, and was all about the good through ball. I figure if we don't get him back, we should get more from Rangers than the 4 mil we paid Villa for him.

I know it was routine to trash the lad, but I rated him. Just too many right-sided midfielders in the squad.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Zenit certainly deserved the win. Davis was the only real positive for Rangers in the second half.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Spot the Steven?

Oh, I actually did not even notice him yesterday, but apparently he plays for the smallest "big" club in the world.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

9. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I agree, Don. I was one of the few who really liked him.

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A Fiorentina-Zenit final would have been great viewing.

The only time I can watch one of Scotland's big two is when they play against each other, otherwise... :coffee:

I like Davis too, just not anywhere near the starting XI. A good squad player at best. I can't see Rangers shelling out 4 million for him, my guess is they want to swap for Cousin (who seems like a knucklehead).