TV Coverage of Aug 12th Mexico-USA game

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Jul 28, 2009.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I looked but surpringly didn't see a topic for this one already in place. There's been a lot of hub-hub because the match was only being shown on Telemundo and Mun2, their English language channel which only 30 million Americans get.

Some good news today, NBC Universal, the owners of Telemundo, are now offering free Mun2 service to all Cable and Satelite providers for the day (which in my case means I won't have to pay $17 to get the Spanish language package for the month to watch one game).

It's a decent comprimise, though I still wish NBC would show the game on one of their HD channels :-(

2. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

3. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

RE: Re: TV Coverage of Aug 12th Mexico-USA game

I just checked...MUN2 is on DirecTV at channel 410. And DirecTV confirms that they are taking part in the free preview day.

Doubt I'll catch the kickoff, but I think I can sneak out of the office before the beginning of the second half. Can't decide whether to watch it at home, or head to a bar.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

USA v Mex in English

Dunno why this is needed but, from other sites, it seems to be..

If you can only get Telemundo, hit audio | SAP and you get the English coverage.