Trotta on loan to Brentford and Stockdale to Hull

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Nov 22, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.westlondonsport.com/brentfor ... rd-on-loan?

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/hu ... _1_1703522

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

So much for Trotta getting first team this season. :(

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And kiss Stockdale goodbye. He'll be back in the England squad and playing for a different Premier League club this time next season. I don't know why Jol doesn't rate him. He surpassed Schwarzer a season and a half ago.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

:text-+1: The kid's got skills, and we're pissing away the prime years of his career.

5. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

This news pissed me off. Stockdale is better than Schwarzer and is being treated like utter shit. I am guessing it's a seniority thing as I can't think of why he doesn't start. Schwarzer is old and we had a great replacement. Now we have to dig into our transfer funds and find another replacement for some stupid reason that nobody knows about. Good luck finding somebody of Stockdale's quality for under £5m.

Have no clue why Trotta isn't loved more. If he scored as many goals for the United reserve team, Premier League clubs would be after him. He can't even get into a championship side and I'm guessing he has some major flaws in his game for that to happen.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Let's see how it plays out with Stockdale. Totally agree it's a head scratching situation, but I still think his future lies with us :pray: Great point Justin, why on earth spend 8-10 million on a GK, when there is a quality one on the books?

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

So Brentford (79 points; 3rd place) played Doncaster Rovers (81 points; 2nd place) earlier today in the last game of League One. If Brentford won, they earned promotion to the Championship. If Doncaster won or drew, they earned promotion. Brentford won a PK in stoppage time in a 0-0 game and upped stepped Trotta to seal Brentford's promotion..........only he hit the crossbar, the ball bounced around a little bit, before Doncaster cleared it and went on a counter to score and earn promotion.

Brentford are at least in the promotion playoffs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKyR4f9ylEY[/youtube]