Transfer Grades

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Sep 1, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Time to look at the report cards for teams. Curious how you grade Fulham first, and then the other teams you may be interested in grading.

Professors?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I don't know about grading, but I think the team that did the best this week was Tottenham. They landed Chimbonda -- and that's a huge get. I think Steed will also do well with them and, according to ChiTom, Mido will also help. They have such a good collection of young Brits, I think they'll do well. They'll challenge The Undead for London's best side.

West Ham had better do well; they just used up all the cash in the East End. I don't know how Pardew is going to manage his squad. :shock:

Worst? Pompey. I'm reminded of Steinbrenner in the 80s when he signed every over-the-hill left-handed power hitter that could still bend over to lace up his cleats. IMO, they laid out a lot of money for players that weren't all that better than what they already have. This revolving door nonsense is not going to help them.

I think Fulham are a better team now than they were last week, and I felt pretty good about last week's team.

PCB -- this professor doesn't like letter grades. :D

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

UC-Santa Cruz goes the no letter grades route, or at least used to. However, I remember hearing that this caused more than a little trouble when the students were trying to go to grad school.

I agree Tottenham probably did the best. Chimbonda was a great sign, Steed could be very good with the support around him, and Mido I hear mixed things about, but apparently he shed quite a bit of weight and wanted back in the EPL.

Tottenham: A-

West Ham obviously had the surprise of the evening, that Hammers fans still aren't sure if they should believe. Just those two gets them serious top five consideration.

West Ham: B+

Pompey has redefined their club, and it appears it will be on average a much older definition. However, I don't think that is necessarily a bad move. It appears they want to win now and not repeat survival by the skin of their teeth.

Pompey: B

I will wait to give my Fulham report, as I am still gathering information, reading essays, and checking the scantron.

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I really like the moves for West Ham. I'm not really sure what they're long term plans are, but they should come out ahead no matter what. If all goes well, they could become a top 6 club, win the UEFA cup, and make some money. If not, they can sell the Argentines to Soviet Russia, making a pretty nice profit. Either way, I think it will work out for them.

Of course, it could turn out that the new players completely suck and West Ham gets relegated. Never can be 100% sure.