TheVilla at Sierra Madre

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 23, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Greetings from 'The Villa' in sunny suburban LA.

Flew in Skybus from CMH and have to give them kudos on their performance per business model. More later.

Into Bob Hope Airport which brings back memories of 50 years ago! Again, more later....

Murphy's Law:
    Brought in TWO laptops and nearly caused a major TSA incident when the bag fell off the rent-a- trolley and sat unattended in the middle of the check in area....
    - Somehow LOST my wireless card and cant get DNS connection on Pat's either. Have to sit on window seat pad behind TV, connected by cord umbilical to router.

Meantime getting pumped for Crew/Gals tonight.... only downside is Pat's knee is hinky from all the travel, tho we got first-class handling with wheelchair, etc at Skybus.. and all us geezers know how cranky wimmin are when they're gimpy.

Later

update.. just so's you dont think i'm still looking like a geek sitting on the floor behind a TV, kevin employed the magic admin fingers.. you know, when the guy does the exact same thing you've done ten times and it works for him.
    So now I'm sitting out working by the pool.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Read your last sentence to HatterMom leaving off the gender-specific noun and she agreed wholeheartedly.

Looking forward to the match report and all the rest. Get some Galaxies!

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Safe travels PF and hope you enjoy your time in sunny/smog filled LA.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Beers with Beckham! Beers with Beckham! Beers with Beckham!

5. pettyfog

im leaving days before he 'officially' gets here..

And btw..
    now, can look down the hill on main drag here and see clear as a bell allaway to long beach.. saying something; yes Ive seen and witnessed LA smog, used to be here twice/three times a year

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Still has not lost the tag, "Smell-A", but on a clear day, I do remember it being pretty nice.

Enjoy!!

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Well done to the residence of LA attempting to become environtment friendly. When is Beckham's first MLS or friendly match going to take place? Someone mentioned something about a friendly with Chelsea. I am not sure, could be completely off base.

8. pettyfog

Everything you need to know... and a bonus, if you hate Galaxy, because their fans are all whining and moaning at the moment.. can befound here.