The Tim & Bob Show

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by FulhamAg, Jun 20, 2008.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Tonight I had the distinct pleasure of catching the Tim & Bob Show live over at the Collonade. Based on their stylistic offerings, I decided to take my folks along for dinner and the show as the band primarily features music from their generation. I grew up on some of it as a young'un, but this is the music they lived through. The band were quite good and mix up differing vartiations of their ensemble to provide a very enjoyable and nostalgic show.

Aside from the music, the highlight of the evening was getting to meet and chat with HatterDon and HatterMom. They are two very gracious and engaging people and both my folks and I really enjoyed their company. Turns out my Pop, HD, and HM were all stationed at the same base in England at pretty much successive times throughout the mid 60-s to early 70's and of course share the Nam experience, so there was plenty to talk about. So much so that we really didn't get around much to Fulham, surprisingly. Or politics (which may have been a good thing). :wink:

So if you're ever in the San Antonio area on a Friday night, look them up and catch the show. You won't meet a nicer group of people.

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

How funny, what a great post and nice to hear. I got to get down to Austin soon so I can skip down to SA to meet the Hatter and see his show.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Cool,
    I envy you. The group's MP3's sound great, and live is ALWAYS 100% better.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, this is a nice thread to see. I'll be passing it along to my fellow band members. It was great to meet Matt and his parents and to chat with them during the three whole songs I got to sit down last night.

The place we were playing has smoked glass walls, and I was just finishing setting up when I noticed three people moving towards us -- one of whom was wearing this past season's away strip. The only time I've ever seen this particular strip in SA was when HatterMom was wearing it!

In any event, thanks for the kind words. We had a great time meeting the three newest members of Tim and Bob Nation, and we hope to see them again. I'm also hoping that the next time Matt is drinking a beer in my presence, that I get a chance to sit down and have a beer with him. THEN we can get a chance to talk Fulham and football. Politics? It seldom comes up in my life. This site is the only place I'm employed to keep Pettyfog honest.

What a great thread to find on a Saturday morning. Thanks, fellers!

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Yeah, that was pretty cool. Apparantly Don's eyeballs are spring-loaded as they were half popped out of his head when we came through the door. :lol: