The next FFC Manager!! thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Jun 30, 2010.

?

Who should replace Woy as FFC manager?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2010.
  1. Sven Goran Eriksson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mark Hughes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Alan Curbishly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bob Bradley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Agree with Steve. If you're out of work or it's a step up, I doubt you care what you're rank was. If you're trying to lure a Murinho, Ferguson, etc, yeah, I can see the point. But otherwise, it's rubbish.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I was so hoping Jol would sign. I already was dreaming about the possibilities with a manager like that. Right now, i like the idea to keep Lewington. Let him sign a couple of players and go after a manager during the course of the season. Anything's better than the news i received yesterday that we're seriously considering Dave Jones.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I cant believe that I checked out for over a week only to return to this same thread. Why cant we sign a manager? Has there been any confirmed developments of any type?

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Because....
    in light of recent events and revelations about the politics involved, the NEW best candidate is......

Bob Bradley.

And until and if he is signed you aint gonna hear a peep from anyone!

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Oh my God, this is getting annoying. Now we're linked with Klinnsmann. Just put a bunch of names in a hat and choose one and sign the idiot. At this point, i dont even care if we got Dave Jones. This freaking blows.

6. Clevelandmo

No Jones please. I just learned about the sexual abuse allegations in his past. I know he was cleared of all charges, but I still wouldnt be able to get past him coaching a bunch of guys running around with pediaphilic logos on their shirts.

Just sign Huges or Sven. They are both fine. I know Bradley isnt a happin'.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't want Jones either, but i do want a manager. Im still confused as to why Hughes hasnt been mentioned in a long time. Since Man City want to sell a shit load of their players, Hughes would be the best man to bring in the likes of Bellamy and Ireland. Did he turn us down?

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Hughes has pulled a JD Salinger and just disappeared after the way he was hanged, drawn, and quartered by City. (Seriously, Joe Pesci in Goodfellas went out with more dignity than Hughes.)

So I think his agent spoke a few words terse words to the journos after being mentioned early on.

9. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Personally I think Klinsman would be a good choice (assuming he's willing to leave his comfortable life in California).

10. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Hey, can someone help?

I can't seem to find the "Emoticon" where the little guy is banging his head on a table...

11. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

12. Clevelandmo

Cant find it either, but this kinda works for me

[​IMG]

13. Clevelandmo

Fergie Weighs in

. . . on our boy Bob Bradley as Fulham's next manager

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38419160/ ... ts-soccer/

and the lack of a renewed contract interest from the USA

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: Fergie Weighs in

Well, SAF will be a great PR flack when he retires, but all views mean something and he's right.

I'm beginning to think the stars are lining up for Bob.

We're seeing the results of too many clubs failing to have patience with their managers. That would be a great hurdle for BB to leap but he's probably the one best equipped.. maybe other than Ray Lew and you cant tell me that guy wants the full burden. Unless what he said is just posture as well.

Seen a lot of that, havent we!

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Fergie Weighs in

Hughes is back in frame - and the carousel of managerial rumors continues (cue circus music now.) Is MAF throwing darts at photos or are monkeys running the show - what exactly is the process being used by Fulham's front office? MAF should hire that octopus to help him choose Roy's successor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... hes-fulham

16. LOBO

LOBO New Member

The lack of solid news regarding a managerial appointment this close to the start of season is beginning to trouble me...

Is it too soon to begin worrying? Will it all work out in the end?

For the record, I would back the Hughes' appointment. Maybe we could even pickup some of what Man City is being forced to offload.... :wink:

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I found this post on another Fulham site. It's from a Fulham exile. Thought you might find it interesting.

I'm still hoping for either Hughes or Sven, but this is the first assessment of Bradley's managerial capabilities I've seen that comes [indirectly] from a player. It's so easy to discount his accomplishments, if all you are is a fan.

18. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Not to be antagonistic, but I feel comfortable discounting Bradley much in the same way I feel at home ripping Dusty Baker's tenure as the Giants' manager in baseball. Sure they were both fine servants to their teams and achieved success, and won some big games, but at crucial moments, both men produced too many "oh shit, no!" decisions that knee-capped their respective teams.

On the other hand, and in the grand scheme of things, is there a better top-flight club for Bradley with which to cut his teeth than Fulham? Yanks are somewhat accepted on the whole and 4-4-2 is a language the players can speak. While I'm reluctant to have Bob's first gig in Europe be with my favorite club, I also believe he wouldn't be a total-failure. Query whether he'd receive the backing/support/loyalty of his players at the club level that he receives from his USMNT once the unity and camaraderie of the national team identity is removed.

Still, unless a couple more quality players are brought in, any manager is going to have a tough time with this squad should the inevitable injuries occur. It's lookin' fairly lean at the moment.

19. Clevelandmo

I've been reflecting upon the USA's run-up to and run in the World Cup and have now found myself totally in love with Bob Bradley. He is smart, dedicated, relentless, disciplined, self-controlled, and yet at times you see how much he cares about the players. You see how much he has put into the US team. During and after the Ghana match, I couldnt get his hug and whispered words to Ricardo Clark out of my mind. Clark had just made a critical mistake that required his early substitution, betrayed Bradley's faith in him, and glaringly pointed out that Bradley was unable to coach away the US's tendency to give away early goals. In hindsight we all now know how critical Clark's mistake was.

Yet in the midst of all of that on world-wide TV, Bradley embraced him and cared enough to whisper something to his dejected player before he took his early spot on the bench. I'm assuming they were encouraging words rather than "thanks for nothing you moron, you lost me my job", but I dont think that's a rash assumption to make. Anyway, I find it a profound moment. There are a lot of things that I like about Bob and a lot of other great memories about the team he managed over these last four years, but his embrace of Clark it my favorite. It embodies what sports should be about and what I haved admired about the US MNT. So Bob and Clark are my new avatar, please dont tell my kids they've been replaced.

Then again, my new found love for Bob could just be an attempt to fill the gapping hole left by Woy. :3d crying:

And Don, I agree. I would rather have Sven or Hughes. Europe is different than the US and I think Bob would do better to work his way up to a top league like he did in the US.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brilliant post, Ms. Maureen!