The FA Cup: Fulham v. Tottenham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Feb 12, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I hate losing. So let's move on.

What team will we be fielding to beat Tottenham, and we will.

------------------------------------ Jan ------------------------------------

----- Volz ------- Knight ------------ Bocanegra ------ Queudrue -----

----------------------------------- Bouba ---------------------------------
    ------- Dempsey ------------------------------------ Radzinski ---------
    ----------------------------------- Davies --------------------------------

---------------- Montella ------------------------- McBride --------------

Bench:
    Smertin
    Helguson
    Rosenior
    Christanval
    Warner

I think Rosy and Christy both need a breather (until we absolutely must put them in), I don't believe Routledge is allowed for this match, and I hear that Brown is out for collecting too many yellows.

WE CAN WIN THIS!!!

Final: Fulham 2-0 Tottenham

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

is Brown really out? I will be sick if Knight plays...even if he's the guy that has worn the armband when Brownie has been out. Here's my lineup, and yes PCB, we will win!!!

----------------------Lastuvka-------------------
    Rosenior---Christanval----Bocanegra---Queudrue
    Davies-------Diop---------Smertin-------Radz-----
    ----------McBride-------------Montella--------------

Subs:
    Warner
    Helguson
    Volz
    Dempsey
    Pearce

GET ZAT THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I hope Fulham wins, they most certainly can do it. But Zat Knight is no way to go about getting to the next round.

GK: Latsuvka
    D: Rosenior-Christanval-Bocanegra-Queudrue
    M: Davies-Diop-Smertin-Radzinski
    F: Montella-McBride

Subs (who I want subbed in eventually in bold): Warner, Helguson, Volz, Dempsey, Knight

Why not give McBride the armband for the game?

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

YEP!!!

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Nothing against McBride, he is a top professional, but I never like to see the skipper as a forward. They spend too much time not looking at the game and can be isolated.

I would give it to Christanval or Boca, both deserve the accolade for their hard work over the last 2 months.

COYW!

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Give it to Radz!

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

Are you sure he will start? Last week CC had Volz ahead of him in the pecking order! Radz is a good shout, we have serveral players who have worked hard for the cause.

8. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Coleman's bogeyman referee back at Cottage

Fulham's worst FA Cup nightmare has occurred with the appointment of referee :twisted: Mark Halsey :twisted: for Sunday's home tie with Tottenham — after manager Chris Coleman requested earlier this season the Lancashire official should never be given another game at Craven Cottage.

Coleman was seething back in September when a crucial decision by :twisted: Halsey :twisted: went against Fulham while the home game with Chelsea was goalless, the champions running out 2-0 winners.

9. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Spurs

This should be a good game, two teams who having nothing else to play, and apart from a melt down of momentus proportions both safe from the drop for another year, and only the cup to play for. Not worried about the ref might in a way help us he will probably go out of his way not to make a mistake against us, to show he is unbiased. This a is a game we can win and should win, we have played them close both times, and at the cottage played most of the second half with only 10 men, but we must not field a conservative team, this is a game to go for the juggler form the start, I thnk CC knew this when he picked the team last Sunday, some he rested some he could not play, but I think apart form the banned players this will be CC's considered best line up, I hope he goes for it, we dont need a replay, we need to win it Sunday, and i really believe this will be the best Fulham peformance of the season, if not, then there needs to be some serious questions asked.

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

RE: Spurs

It seems that controvesy follows Mark Halsey around - he love the Arse, he was refing the Arse - Wigan game at the weekend when he allowed an offside goal for A and denided a blatant pen for W.

I can't work out if he is a really bad ref who errs on the side of the bigger clubs (similar to Urine Rennie) or is a $%^£$*! cheat.

On the plus side, he should be very much under the microscope, give CC's comments and last weeks performance, so lets hope he has a good game.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Spurs

The referee in question from last weekend's Arsenal-Wigan match was Phil Dowd, not Halsey.

12. Pape-Bouba

Pape-Bouba New Member

RE: Re: RE: Spurs

He also fell over refing the Arsenal Bolton game last night. At least I think it was him. If it was, what a week!

------Jan----
    Rosie-Boca-Phil-3U's
    Dempsey-Paps-Slexy-Davies (possibly swap the two D's there)
    Macca-Monty

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Spurs

NOTE: FA Cup: Fulham v. Tottenham

This match will be aired on Fox Soccer Channel on Wednesday 12/21/07 at 11:30 Central/12:30 Eastern.

You could conceivably stay away from finding out the score or what happened until then, but you would much stronger willed than I.

Most likely, see those who show on the FUSA Chat Room on Sunday.

I am not backing down.

Final: Fulham 2-0 Tottenham

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Finally a game on FSC!!! I'm sure they are limited on which games they can show, but West Spam seems to be on all the time. PCB, I think we are all in agreement that this is a game that the fellas will win and I like the optimism of a clean sheet, but I'm going w/a wide-open 3-2 classic and a trip to the quarterfinal.

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm hoping for the best possible line-up available and a gutsy performance.

I regard this game as more important than league games, thus I really really want a win! COYW'ssssssssss

Fulham 3-1 :banana:

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will be watching this one at the pub. I have a good feeling about this one. But then again, I had a good feeling about the Bolton match last week and that did not turn out so well.

I think Montella will continue his FA Cup magic scoring another goal in an up and down 1-0 win for our beloved Cottagers.

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i really think this match is a total crapshoot. Tottenham have been rubbish lately, so both squads are going to be hungry. Missing routledge will be an issue, as we need his speed on the wings. I say 2-1 Fulham, but I simply just dont know.

18. psand22

psand22 Member

I'm looking for a 2-1 win at the Cottage. it's also time to have the new signings on the pitch alittle more....
    Last
    Liam - Christ - Boca - Que
    Clint - Diop - Smertin - Davies
    McBride - Montella

19. GaryBarnettFanClub

Although we could always end up with:

Warner
    Liam-Pearce-Knight-Que
    Volz-Diop-Boca-HH-Radz
    McB

Who knows what CC will actually do? The only question I have about psand's team is the fitness of Dempsey and Smiernoff to start? Is it a gamble playing 2 midfielders, both of whom are likely to need subbing early in the second half?

I would probalby try to either Radz or Volz instead, that way it leaves the options open later in the game for tactical subs, rather than forced fitness substitutions.

20. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Spurs

Think it would be far better in this game to go the other way round, much better to put on the new boys in for 70 minutes or so and get in front then bring on the more defensive minded players to shore things up for the last 20 minutes or so. The bottom line is per CC's words this is a great place for Fulham to find themselves at the middle of Feb we are not safe mathmatically but in reality pretty close to it, and if we can get by Spurs and get a decent draw we are have a shot at going all the way, and with a carefree attitude to the Cup games we should not be scared of anyone, we have beat Arsenal and tied Chelsea the only trouble is the semi is away from home!!!!!!!!! Anyway I had a dream the other night and its was really stupid, Spurs scroed in the last few minutes, to make the score 6-1 to Fulham, I wonder if dreams really do come true.