The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton match

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by sullytex, May 20, 2009.

1. sullytex

sullytex Member

To those going to the game, I thought it might be cool for some of the FUSA members to meet up before the game. Mike/Corky I figure you guys will be at the Cottage. I plan on it as well.

We can raise a toast (or two) to what has already been a great season and hopefully after the final 90 minutes of the season, we will even have more to look forward to next year in Europe!

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Looks like I'm working now (big event in the works for down at Craven Cottage) so will only be around afterwards. Sorry dudes and dudettes.

3. sullytex

sullytex Member

Understood. Well maybe it will be on a more ad hoc basis. If you see a guy with a salt and pepper goatee and glasses (weather permitting, a cigar in the back garden), come by and say 'allo, 'allo.

4. americanmike

Katy will be there as well as the local crew you met last time. Also I read that Greekfootballer on this site and mike_t22201 will also be attending the match so get in touch with them!

5. jlough

jlough New Member

My wife and I are flying over for the match from San Diego. Would it be OK if we join the toast before the match? Is the Cottage Pub on the grounds?

6. americanmike

Re: RE: The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton match

Not in the ground but close by.

Here you go jlough: http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/8395

7. sullytex

sullytex Member

RE: Re: RE: The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton match

jlough, I'll be there. 15 minute walk or so to the grounds. See description above of my mug...most likely donning last year's jersey with, the one and only, McBride across the back. Weather is looking promising so may be back in the garden. Drop me a pm if you want.

8. jlough

jlough New Member

RE: Re: RE: The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton match

Thanks for the directions. My wife and I will be there. I will be the only old guy wearing a University of Arizona (A) Hat. I am not taking any of my Fulham wear, but stopping at the Fulham Store the day before the match to pick up something new. Cheers

9. RDG

RDG Member

Whatever you do, don't buy Mike's wife a glass of their white wine! It is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

:3d smile:

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Rudy, you guys meeting at Nevada's? There's a guy from SW6 named finnster who'll be there for the Toffee match. .

11. RDG

RDG Member

Sadly, I won't be in town this weekend. Nevada's at night can be tricky as they may show only live playoffs (NBA, NHL), though there's another footy pub just a couple blocks south (on E 9th St.) I forgot the name of it, sadly. It's where we ended up last weekend, since the MU fans took Nevada's over for more than their allotted time.

If you're not so lucky, I might be in the chatroom during the match.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Heh. Excellent reference. [​IMG]

Bear in mind, Don, that the Everton match isn't on live TV, and we don't generally gather at Nevada's for tape delay matches. (I know I won't be there because I'll be out of town anyway.) The other place Rudy is talking about is called Central Bar, on East 9th Street between 3rd Avenue and Lafayette Street, for what it's worth.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Josh, I'll post this over on FofF where Finnster hangs out.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton matc

New Fulham gear w/a U of A hat? jlough you're obviousily a man w/great taste, class, and distinction!! Hope you and the mrs. have a great time.

15. sfm

sfm Member

RE: The Cottage Pub B4 the Fulham v Everton

Whosoever shall be there, I shall be there; around half two. Viva el Fulham.

16. sullytex

sullytex Member

look forward to meeting a few new folks if we are able to find each other. Cheers, Sully.

17. americanmike

Most of you know Katy now so just keep an eye out for her.