Taking a break

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 7, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I hadn't thought this necessary on FulhamUSA, but I have to take a break -- perhaps until the end of the season. I just can't take the negativity anymore. If it's any consolation, I hung out here longer than I could on 4 or 5 other sites/Facebook pages.

I know everyone who supports Fulham is suffering. You guys take care.

2. FulhamTX

FulhamTX Active Member

Tough to hear Don but I understand. I haven't been around long enough to know you but have a great break and I look forward to conversing with you next season or in the summer.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I get it. Carping was bad enough when FFC was mid table in Premier League.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way. Personally, outside of the mild venting on the match thread for the 5-1 tonking by Bournemouth, I don't see it. Reaction here seems pretty measured considering the season we've had.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Agree, there isn't much negativity except some in that thread. But it's not like hyperbolic nonsense being spewed.

I don't think we'll go down. I think the intention this winter window was just make it to summer to rebuild. I will be interested in seeing whether that includes a new manager. I think may be another reason why new faces were not seen in the window...why buy even more faces with a manager that may be replaced soon. I like Kit, but it's going to take some time regardless whether he was ready to manage or not.

encorespanish and jumpkutz like this.
  6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

5 reasons that this won't do;

1) The college hoops thread is about to heat up and Maryland has their best team in years...Fear the Turtle

2) Who is going to decipher Fog's posts? ;)

3) Who else is going to preview the young but talented Astros?

4) When the lads pick up the necessary points (while venting yesterday, I truly believe Kit and the lads will finish 16th-21st) we need everyone to have a shared collective sigh of relief...um, it ain't collective without you.

5) When the Mighty Whites beat Sheffield Wed. you can tell everyone you told them so...

Oh, and one more thing...COYW!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    encorespanish likes this.
  7. AggieMatt

6th - He actually has a shot at winning a tipping league.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  8. FulhamTX

FulhamTX Active Member

I might be able to help with number 3 as a lifelong Astros fan but I'm not quite as eloquent with my words as Don :)

SoCalJoe likes this.
  9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I too am sorry to hear that Hatter Don. I'm relatively new here (just past my 1 year anniversary), but I've really appreciated your insight along with the other regular posters here. You have all turned me into a committed Fulham supporter (thank you, I think? ;)). As Hatter Don used to say I'm Fulham 'till I kick it. Hopefully 2015-16 will be a season of positive results to push away some of the negativity from the past few years.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good to hear Tx, hope to hear from both of you on the MLB thread.

7) The MLS season looks like it's going to be great and your View is always appreciated.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

okay, okay. First of all, please let me apologize. I was very depressed after the loss and I looked at the honest, emotional criticism on here and -- for the length of time it took me to create this thread -- couldn't discriminate between it and the infantile shit I see on other sites and FB pages.

You guys are too cool to desert, and this is -- by far -- the best Fulham site extant. I'm staying active.

And, once again, forgive me. I HATE being a drama queen.

12. AggieMatt

You're an entertainer. Thought that came with the territory. :)

13. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Don. I feel ya. I go through this after every bad loss, which has seemed like every other week this season. I know when the negativity starts to seep into my day-to-day life that it's time to pull back. I'm glad I found this board this season (wish I would have found it last year), because it's definitely the least negative board on the web. Even still, I've had to detach a little over the past few weeks.

At this point I'm somewhat numb to the rest of this season. As others have said, just make it to the summer and regroup. We'll see what Khan can do this summer, it's make or break for him.

14. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Maybe it will help all of our dispositions to have the bit of good news that Hatter will be around to hang our hats on.

15. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Glad to see that your hiatus lasted less than my normal weekend lull around here.

It's near impossible not to get down after a loss like Bournemouth. Aside from (as GJ said numerous times) Matt Smith "smashing" the ball into the net, there was not a positive moment in that match. Just look at the red card and subsequent free kick. Amorebieta makes a clumsy and unnecessary challenge and then maybe one player reacts to the free kick. We mostly just stood around and watched them score.

My big hope is that the team doesn't just give up like I felt they did last year. We shall see though.

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

As a subordinate (or, as I'd like to think "officer"), may I please speak freely to one of the folks that keeps this place running and interesting? Sir, thank you for the good choice to stay around, sir.

There's no real place for negativity this year as, realistically, the club is in transition; my expectations were low to begin, and haven't buoyed since fall. That said, let's chop all their bloody heads off if they don't achieve promotion next year!!!!! Now, there's some vitriol!!

I'll now stand down.

COYW

encorespanish and FulhamTX like this.
  17. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

That was the shortest break since one Rick Pitino's "indefinite" suspensions (most of which last one or two games, unless you're Chris Jones). I am glad beyond measure. And I've been meaning to head over to the college hoops thread, just haven't gotten around to it (too much damn snow). Anyway, welcome back Don. You've reminded us to keep things in perspective.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks fellas and gals!