T.O.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by NJGlen, Nov 7, 2005.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

If that idiot never gets to put on a helmet again, it will be too soon. Not that I am spiteful or anything, but if I had the cash I would pay off his contract at the Eagles and make him sit on the bench for the rest of his career. And then I'd sit beside him every week and laugh in his face. And if that did not do it, I'd make him wear my undies on my head and call me King Glen while he licked my blistered, sweaty feet. Spite is under-rated.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

heh... he shore knows how to git you'all riled up, dunny!

3. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: T.O.

What give you that impression?

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: T.O.

Its a sad day when any competitor in a team sport can't seem to find enough pride to suck up any arrogant reactions that my hinder his teams chance at winning.

I'm not sure if he noticed that this sport is all about the fans. If the fans hate you, you might as well go home.

In 20 years I know we see him on some prime time television show crying and wishing he wasnt such a jerk so that he could have lived his dreams to the end.

5. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: T.O.

Ohh...lets hope so!

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: T.O.

Here's the first TO apologist thing that I've read...its not his fault, he had to act like an ass.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... ml?cnn=yes

Who is going to take this guy now? seems like the Raiders are the only team that welcomes this type of player, but would they be able to afford him, and there is no way he could play on the same team as Randy Moss, although that would probably be the best reciever duo in a long time, probably since Moss and Carter or TO and Rice.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

TO is a complete moron and deserves everything that comes his way, but in looking at the bigger picture, this to me is yet another example of the brutal Collective Bargaining Agreement the players signed a few years back.

The NFL is the only professional league where you can be cut without notice and not earn a dime after being cut. This kind of agreement between the players and owners is bound to be problematic.

If I were TO, I would have held out for more money too. I would not have acted the way he has, but I am with him in his holdout earlier this season.

The bottom line is this, in the NFL, you have to demand what you are worth here and now. If you wait, you make get hurt or your value may decline. Look at Javon Walker as Exhibit A this season. Owners and GMs are not afraid to cut anyone on any given day. Therefore, why should players have to be bound to a contract that the owner/GM does not honor anyways?

As mentioned above, TO is a complete bigot and he deserves all the bad criticism and such, but to me this is a microcosm of the bigger problems that face the NFL in the coming years. I sense a strike/work stoppage after the next CBA has expired. Not sure when that is, but I will put my money on it.

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Unfortunately, Tom's right. The CBA expires in 2008. They've been working on taking care of that now, but the talks broke down this spring.

I wish they would really focus on resigning something right now, because I think during this next offseason we'll see a lot fewer long term deals as some owners will be reluctant to offer long term deals to players (the same thing happened about 3 or 4 years ago with the NHL).

Its a shame though, because either way the fans always lose, and the NFL is the only professional sports league to not have a major labor crisis in the last 10 years.

9. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Its odd how little power the union has in this particular organization.

I can see how this idiot makes waves enough that eventually it could be good for the NFL. I'm sure no one will ever admit that because of the type of person he is.

Myself, I havent decided even now if TO deserved more money... when you sign a contract you play it out, or hold out. I would have just sat, got cut, and went elsewhere. Any team would have picked him up before this seasons theatrics.

What I dont mind was the calling out of McNabb after the superbowl, what TO did last year was pretty amazing coming back and playing the way he did in the superbowl, for 60 minutes I believed the hype. I think that the Eagles win if they focus on running the ball more rather than appeasing or shunning this @$^@%&^.

I'm still really surprised that someone like him exists. I mean Deion Sanders was similar at times, but never seemed to alienate his team. BUT I guess he always got paid his due.