Sunderland

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by NJGlen, Apr 3, 2006.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Seriously, do anyone else have the feeling that we will go up there and lose or at best get a point? Anything less than 3 points should cost CC his job.

I don't think I'll even be able to listen to this one, it will be too painful. While listening to us lose to Portsmouth my new born daughter saw a whole new side to her Dad. I am sure that from the look on my face she thought I needed to be burped too.

3 points will probably guarantee us Premiership football next season and anything less is a total embaressment.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Glen, I have the exact same feeling. I just continue to have these thoughts that we are going to lose to them. I would like to think I am wrong, but the way we are playing right now, it does not look good for us.

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: Sunderland

Oh, we'll lose. Why? Cuz CC is TERRIBLE.

Not to create argument, but the bad defense is a CC thing. Not a talent thing.

I keep saying this, but its beyond true. In the PREM, you need an experienced manager. Fulham doesnt not have one of those, the biggest signing in the offseason by MAF is a manager.

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I just don't understand the home form vs away form. How can CC be so effective in getting the lads up for some football at home and not be able to get them going on the bus? It is just beyond me. Fulham could be in contention for Europe, up there with Blackburn if they could have picked up a few points on the road. Im pretty bitter about it, but my home jersey comes in the mail in a few days so that should pick me up a bit lol.

5. AL-UK

AL-UK New Member

I think we'll get the points. Why? Because our team always do what you dont expect.

Sunderland really are a poor side, we didnt play that badly last weekend, but for sleeping in the first 30 seconds and a dodgy deflection we were the better side.

One big positive was Christanval, when he came on he looked streets ahead the best centre back we have had all season. Hopefully he can keep his fitness and become a major asset to us.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Being at the match last Saturday in person (as were my parents for their first match...ugh) but overall we didn't play that bad. It was our finishing that ultimately led to our demise. We missed three open nets and Pompey got two very very lucky goals.

With that said, I am still trying to find a way up to Sunderland and if I do go, this is my line up:

Niemi

Liam Christanval Knight Bridge

Radz Bouba Steeed Boa

HH McBride

Brown is out due to the Red Card and who knows who injured this week. The team that can't win away meets the team that can't win at home. WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE!!!

Please God three points!

7. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Mike, don't go, its a sh%thole. Stay at home in the comfort of the home counties and enjoy a nice fried breakfast.

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

My apartment is a Sh@thole, and I eat breakfast there.

9. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: Sunderland

Yes, but you can get to your kitchen and cook breakfast in under 6 1/2 hours. But I'm crazy and may actually make it up to that sh@thole. WATCH THIS SPACE!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re: RE: Re: Sunderland

You still want Bridge?

11. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I wasn't worried about this game until I saw Sunderland finally got a point last week vs Everton, and then the loss to Pompey. To make things worse Birmingham collected 4 points from their last two games. That's all Fulham needs...the clubs on the bottom to start winning games.

As Mike said, the team that can't win at home vs the team that can't win on the road. my lineup:

Niemi
    Rosenior, Knight, Pearce, Volz
    Radz, Diop, Steeeed, Boa Morte
    HH, McBride

I'm really hoping for a win as Fulham really should be able to get 3 points against Sunderland. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw, and I don't even want to think about a Sunderland win.

12. americanmike

Its official. I have lost my mind.

I'm leaving for Newcastle tonight, where I will staying over and then take the short trip from Newcaste to Sunderland for the match. 300 miles each way and a definitely chance for Fulham to win. I'm nervous already.

I think we should keep Bridge in the line-up. He's fight for a world cup spot and wants to make up for his mistake last weekend.

COME ON YOU SUPER WHITES!

13. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Sounds like the game was a mess. I guess we'll have to keep waiting for that elusive road win :(

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh my gosh; are we going to get the Mounties out for Mike? Hope you found a refuge with some decent nosh and a brew.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And just before the game, I was getting a good feeling about it... called for a fulham win 2-1...

at least none of our guys got injured

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know what you mean. I was getting ready to drive to Austin this morning, and I was thinking about how Sunderland's back line tends to get a little flat and disoriented if you attack them wide on both sides, and I thought "Brian and HH could have a big game today." So I checked soccernet 10 minutes into the game, saw Brian had scored, and drove off happy and confident. When I checked back in around 5 and saw that it held at 0-1, I was a little surprised, and then I saw "abandoned."

Sigh.

17. americanmike

Don't worry, after the search party arrived, it only took them a few hours to find me huddled in the corner of the stadium of light, wondering why I was sent to the 7th level of hell!

Luckily, Katy and I spent Friday evening in Newcastle and had a good night out so the trip wasn't a total loss. It was sunny when we woke up on Saturday but when Katy's dad, Katy and I got on the train it started to hail, which didn't stop for a half an hour!

What was salt in the wound was not only were we 1-0 up but we looked like we were playing quite well! Bouba was back and made his presence known. To be honest, the Fulham fans were at the opposite end of the stadium and it took us a few seconds to realize we scored. You could barely see the fans at the other end of the stadium.

Lastly, the Fulham fans that made the trip were awsome. This away trip had a different feel to it. Lots of hardcore support showed up and even though it was a frozen tundra out there, we had a good time. The club should give some compensation and in the end, those who travelled 6 1/2 hours on the coach each way should be rewarded!!

Fun trip overall, and COYW's!!!!

18. americanmike

Also, I have been told my name was popping up in the chat room??? Definitely wasn't me (although now I wish it was). Seems someone has acquired my password....grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

19. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Top effort mate - Sunderland away. I miss away games the most, it was always fun making a weekend of it and going out on the piss in bandit country.

20. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

It most def wasnt me mike... as I do know your password. It could have been a save password at your house, no? Or perhaps at Katys?