Summer Transfer Window 2013

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by tim, May 4, 2013.

1. tim

tim Active Member

And it begins...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfers-dimitar-berbatov-5m-1870400

I agree that the likeliest path for Jol's success at Fulham is a rather extensive squad overhaul, and it just doesn't seem all that probable. If he departs, then it certainly seems likely Berba will follow him out the door. Based on recent comments, I imagine both moves would be welcomed around here.

And it may well be good for the club in the long run, but it begs the question...what the heck have we been doing the last couple years? Jol was supposed to be the guy. We wanted him before we brought in Mark Hughes. And then we got him and now we have this.

To get back on topic, priority #1 for me this summer is to find a playmaking midfielder.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

My primary goal for this summer is to sign whoever we sign to at least a 2 year contract. If we have any loanees, let them be kids who already know the league.

Personally, I don't think we'll be able to build a stable starting XI that know each other. We have so many people who can and probably will leave this summer, I don't think it's possible to build a squad strong and deep enough for us to survive next season.

Oh, and it would help us to get rid of Berbatov and Jol at the earliest opportunity.