Summer FulhamFan Get Togethers at local games

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Jelly, May 21, 2007.

1. Jelly

Jelly New Member

Added: BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION OVER WHERE TO POSTI've merged the Crew getogether and Summer gettogether threads.
    - pettyfog

I was wondering if any of you that regularly attend Crew games would ever want to organize a gathering of FulhamUSA folks from around the area at a Crew match.

I'm in the Cincinnati area, Dodger is 20 min from me, and I have seen a lot of folks from Dayton and C'bus who have joined this group. I have another friend in the bus who is one gathering-like-this away from being a full blown FFC nut.

I'd be glad to organize it if the Crew were in Cincy, but thought that it might be something better suited for a Crew season ticket holder or someone familiar with the team, the stadium, and perhaps the ticket sales office.

I'd be happy to help out in any way, but anyone wanna volunteer to be Project Manager, a la The Apprentice? Also shout out if you'd be interested in attending so we might get a grasp on #s.

KyFulhamFan aka Jelly aka Justin

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Crew ST holders!

Since, no matter what time I start out for the game, I invariably get there just before KO, I'm highly unreliable.

Just thought I'd explain that...

3. Jux

Jux New Member

That sounds like a good idea KyFulhamFan. I can help with the planning, but I don't have time to put the whole thing together. Work and home projects are taking away most of my time.

That being said, MrsJux and I usually tailgate before most home games and we always enjoy the company.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I plan on starting to attend the home games now that the summer is under way. I'm about an hour north of Columbus, right off of I-71.

5. pettyfog

How about this.. Lets divide the responsibilities.

Ky can organize the outatowners, Rob (Jux) can let them know where they tailgate and everyone brings something to gnosh.. and i'll actually try to get there ahead of the game
    :)
    Bet we COULD all find seats near 103 too.... {for better 'footy atmosphere')

6. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: Hey Crew ST holders!

Deal!

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Hey Crew ST holders!

Would you like something mentioned on the website and weekly email??

8. pettyfog

Mike... let's go for the weekly email only for now. what WOULD be good is if someone encouraged the guys who only read the offal MB to do the same, at a Rev's game for instance... I was going to mention it on there during the 'Yank Hours' tonight

You get the theme.... 'Fulham appreciation fanfest' at your local team game.

9. pettyfog

Added: BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION OVER WHERE TO POST I've merged the threads.

Kyfulhamfan suggested a tailgate gathering at one or more Crew games this year and a lot of us think that's a good idea.

You guys over the rest of the country might want to try to do the same, whether it's at an MLS or USL game... I bet there's a few could get together at a Silverbacks or even a hawk-ptuuuii Galaxy match. Not to mention at the Razor.

Use this thread to kick off YOUR meetup and ask how we might help

10. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Count me in for any Crew gatherings. While any game is a good time, it is always a better time when you are with a good group of people.

Which I can tell already MOST of you are. The jury is still out on some.

;)

jk, of course. Any FulhamCrew fan can't be bad.

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i doubt anyone is in the area to go to a RSL game...but i'm up for it if you are!

12. BC

BC New Member

Anyone going to the Gold Cup final in Chi-town?

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

anyone here from mass/new england and wanna go to a rev match?

i've never been, so meeting up would be cool.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Any Chicago interest?

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Summer FulhamFan Get Togethers at local games

Was thinking about that. Depends if I feel I have some money I can spend and I haven't quite made my mind up about that yet.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Summer FulhamFan Get Togethers at local games

Not sure if I will be going to the Gold Cup Final myself. It is the same day as my wife's birthday. Also, the tickets are a bit pricey. Who knows though.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Fog, hawk-ptuuuii?? How did you know the Galaxy have a San Diego Chicken-type mascot?? I can't believe you don't find Landon Donovan endearing. I try and get to the HDC a few times a year, but last year it was all Chivas games. I have already made a promise to do a page 2 column w/a first-hand account when Becks rolls into town, I'll be sure to throw out the game I'm heading to.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

'fog, GREAT thread.

I'm jealous. Even if there were another SA-area fan, the closest match site is over 200 miles away -- and I'd really rather go see FC Dallas. Not giving up hope, though.

19. Jelly

Jelly New Member

OK, I'm in the process of picking a date...looks like it will be either Saturday July 7 or Sunday July 22. Any preferences?

I will also try to contact the Crew ticket office to see if there's a way that we can sorta informally set aside a section or two for FUSA members, without having one person (me?) get stuck paying for a big block of tix. Maybe get a contact person from the office that everyone can call if they wanna go.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

When we secured a block of tickets for the All-Star game two years ago I talked with Carrie Rundio at the Crew. She was very friendly and helpful. If you want her contact info, or her contact info from two years ago, send me an email or PM me.

However, one of the Crew season ticket holders like Pettyfog or Juxxy might have a contact they talk to on a regular basis that might be able to help you as well.