Soccer Blog of the Week, Month.. err .. year

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 2, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Purposely having divorced myself from anything but the occasional internecine affairs of North American soccer, I stumbled -quite by accident, mind you - upon MLS Rumors Rumors

Founded shortly after the clandestine rumor mill {which will never be linked or named by anyone with a modicum of taste or sensibility} which it tweaks, MLS Rumors Rumors carries the theme from the ridiculous to the sublime, ignoring all the mundane and sordid events on the pitch to scoop the mendacious dirt in the Front Office and Behind.

In MLS Rumors Rumors, you'll find information you'll not see anywhere else, such as 'Grading MLS Expansion Candidates'by entertainment and cuisine. Which they carried in October 2008 while other blogs were slobbering over the end of the MLS season.

Nowhere else will you read that theEagles' Andy Reidshowed up at the Union's stadium groundbreaking with a red flag and a hip-flask of Single Malt.

Or that DC United Front Office issued an internal memolast month, discussing an unnamed Argentinian that they might be able to lure away from an unnamed team somewhere. Or that that some staff in the same FO have been hit by a flurry of office tool injuries.

I'm not familiar with any of the writers on the blog.. which is probably understandable as once identified those deep sources might go dry.. but rumor has it that Bill Archer, the BigSoccer version of John Bolton, may indeed be involved. Or interested. Or read it.

While it would appear that MLS Rumors Rumors is the Vanity Fair of US soccer media, it might be better served to emulate the Atlantic Monthly... except, I suppose, they would need an alternative lifestyle middle-ager with full facial hair and an obsession with Andrea Canales' reproductive system. And the obligatory willing and perplexed female beagle.

Anyway.. it's my kinda second or third choice soccer blog and I advise you to try it, too.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

You ARE taking my advice on MLS Rumor Rumors, right?
    If not click above and catch up!

Another worthy find, more mainstream, is the Yahoo blog, Dirty Tackle.

I reckon some of you already read it... if you dont make sure to scroll down to the Artur Boruc and Mike Tyson pieces.

Sadly the commentary on Tyson isnt as humorous as the head:

Mike Tyson visits Peterborough match, isn't sure what that is

Unanswered, because it was unasked, does he know what a West Ham is?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nugget reference on Henry: