Simon Davies

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Jul 9, 2009.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

"SIMON DAVIES has been ruled out of Fulham's opening Europa League match -and he could even miss the start of the Premiership season."

http://www.londoninformer.co.uk/london- ... -24105486/

I think this is a blow. I think we are clearly better with Simon on the pitch and I don't really like the thought of Gera taking his place til he returns. Here's to a speedy and successful recovery for Simon who I rate as one of our top performers.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

That is a blow dogg and a very big one in my opinion. I thought we were going to be thin on the wings even if Simon made a full recovery. Roy probably has something in the works but if not Kamara might be seeing time in the midfield.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We do what we have to do. I think we're at our best with Simon on the pitch. But as long as Roy doesn't replace him in the lineup with Seol, I guess I can live with it.

We were INCREDIBLY luckly with injuries last season.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Stress fractures are a pain in the ass to heal -- all you can do is rest them, and if you come back too early, you're right back where you started.

Damn.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

It's a blow, but the right side of the midfield is Gera's natural position (recall how early last season, before Clint replaced him in the starting lineup, he expressed his discomfort with playing on the left) and I think we'll be alright with him there until Simon is ready.