Simon Davies in?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by VonBilly, Jan 22, 2007.

1. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Manuel capture lets CC grab Davies
    Mon 22 Jan, 1:45 PM

Everton have finally agreed to let Simon Davies join Fulham as they prepare to bring in Portugal star Manuel Fernandes on loan.The 20-year-old midfielder was at Bellefield on Monday having a medical while Wales international Davies was heading to Craven Cottage in a £3million deal.

The Davies move has been on the cards for several weeks, despite the Haverfordwest-born star recently insisting he did not want to leave Goodison Park.

He was a surprise inclusion in Everton's 2-0 Premiership win at Wigan, despite a deal virtually being in place to take him to west London.

Davies said in October he would have to review his position at Everton if he continued to be on the sidelines.

He later backtracked on that statement but he has not been a regular at Goodison this season and was clearly not willing to allow that situation to drag on until the summer.

Everton boss David Moyes had been reluctant to let Davies leave, but once the likely arrival of Fernandes was on the cards, he would no longer stand in the 27-year-old's way.

Davies moved to Everton from Spurs for £3.5m in May 2005 but has had a disappointing time at Goodison Park, with injuries and loss of form restricting his appearances.

He played 53 games for the club and produced an excellent performance at the JJB Stadium on Sunday.

Davies will now join a squad managed by his former Wales team-mate Chris Coleman.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

ah.. well, perhaps an old debt owed.

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Well, Fulham was weak at midfield and Davies is a midfield, so I guess this means we won't see Bocanegra trying to play midfield anymore?

This is a good move, right?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ohmigosh! Another Taffy!!!!!

Seriously, I remember Davies during his time with Spurs and this has always been one of my favorite rumors. And, man, it would be nice to have more than one midfielder in midfield!

5. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

we dont need any more players :shock:
    not when we've got MA Fayed as a linesman (no wonder we got a pen vs spurs!)
    check-out the photo on the home page ( the pic with McBrdide,Montella and Dempsey celebrating the goal)
    who's the linesman :wow:

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The lineman looks just like MAF. Good catch VonBilly. Perhaps a bit slimmer is the linesman, but in the face they are identical. Nice one! If he keeps showing up we will definitely finish in the top ten.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I remember seeing him before (he's a funny looking character), I believe he's probably a lot shorter than MAF. I believe he's also the one that gave Fulham the weird FK at the end of the Charlton game (but not positive on that).

8. ob

ob New Member

As far as Davies is concerned my mate who's a Toffee's fan says that they can't wait to get rid of him. They're more than happy to take 3 mil for him. Maybe he can do some good things at Fulham, but at Everton he has a reputation for being a bit rubbish...

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He is absolute rubbish. He is always injured and with the kind of money people have been talking about Everton are probably laughing at us right now. He was decent, but at Everton he has been a total flop and has never done any good there. I really hope he doesn't sign for us.

10. Jacob

Jacob New Member

So it is looking like we are getting an injury prone midfield player and selling an injured midfield player(Diop)......... sigh.

Coleman has even said that he has "converted" Volzy into a midfielder. I'd rather watch that progression. ha

11. JMF

JMF New Member

Yea, I really don't get or like this deal. But whatever, we'll see how it goes.

12. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Brown is the perfect example of a mid table team cast off that CC got his hands on and has been a sucess. Hopfully this signing goes as well. 3mil seems maybe a bit much; Time will tell.

Now come on Fulham get a centerhalf!