Sheff Utd. v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Jan 29, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's get it started; let's get it started.

I'm liking us for this one. Here's my list

Nieme [back from injury]

Volzy -- Christanval -- Boca -- 3U

Routledge -- Brown -- Davies -- Radz

Lil Aeroplane -- Iron Head

Zat might be back instead of Boca; we'll see. Figure Liam took a knock and can rest at least until Saturday. Another half hour for the Deuce.

I called it 1-3 Good guys in my preview. I'll stick with that.

Hope to "get away from the office" long enough to drop into the chatroom!

COYW -- 32 points by Wednesday morning.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Excellent match preview from HatterDon himself! Nice work Don!

Very important match tomorrow. Fulham must keep the momentum moving forward and a road win against a team below us in the table would be fantastic. It will not be easy as Sheffield United has proven to be a tough customer at Brammall Lane but I like our chances.

It should be interesting to see and hear the reaction given to former Sheffield United star Michael Brown tomorrow in a Fulham uniform wearing the captain's armband.

As mentioned above, I like our chances, but it will not be easy. I like us winning 1-0 or 2-1.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The blades are not an easy team to beat on their home patch. From a personal point of view, my father-in-law is a blades fan, so it would be very nice to do the double over them.

No-nonsense centre back (an a fav. player of mine) Chris Morgan is suspended, along with the vastly experience Keith Gilespie.

Tounge is a player that has never lived up to his potential, but on his day can still hurt a team. I think we are stonger in all departments and think Don is just about right on team selection, execpt that Smirnoff Ice may start ahead of Davies, with us playing a diamond.

BBC gives the squad as:

Lastuvka, Niemi, Rosenior, Davies, Christanval, Bocanegra, Smertin, Queudrue, Routledge, Brown, Volz, Radzinski, McBride, Jensen, Knight, Dempsey, Montella.

I think your American chappy Dempsey will come on at half time and I think he will score his first Fulham goal in a 2-0 will - another clean sheet for a defence that is growing into the job.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks for the kind words, Tom, and thanks for the update, Stu. I didn't realize that Smertin would be cleared so quickly.

I know that Tom thought it might be a little early for a start for him what with the Russian winter break. I'll really be looking forward to this starting lineup. I see a good run over the next month or so for us.

COYW!!!

5. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Sheff Utd

I hope I am totally wrong on this one, but Sheff utd are one of our many bogey teams, they have an evil eye on us and have done for many years. I have to admit being for the first time in a long time semi excited about this new look Fulham team that CC is crafting, it as all the parts to make it not only effective but exciting, but that said Bramell Lane is a very cold and hostile place to go, and thats in May, in January it is downright nasty up there. I will take another draw, and then i think we can do the geordies at home on Saturday.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw or even a loss, Sheffield have been a pretty decent side lately, but I'm looking for the win :banana:

We've got enough quality with most of our guys back from injury that we should be able to win this.

---------------Nemi------------------
    Liam----Christanval----Boca----Q--
    Routledge-----Brown----Volz-----
    -------------Dempsey---------------
    ------Montella---------McBride

Prediction 4-1 Fulham

7. USAFulhamFan

USAFulhamFan New Member

Anywhere to watch this game or listen to it live in the US?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry, dude; no television on this side of the water. YOu can listen to it if you subscribe to FulhamTV over on the official website. If nothing else works, I'd like to invite you to the chatroom this afternoon. Just find the access doo-dah on the left there, click the buttons and join in. It's a great experience in multi-tasking.

9. USAFulhamFan

USAFulhamFan New Member

Alright thanks. I'm sure I'll be in the chatroom at some point when I get a chance. I guess I'll have to use ESPN Soccernet again.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

This will be a great opportunity to listen via Gentleman Jim and Fulham TV. You can get a 24 hour MatchDay pass for like $4.00. And you can listen to other matches. Do it!

11. ob

ob New Member

Unfortunately our official site is down at the moment, so I don't think it'll be possible to get a MatchDay pass today...

12. ob

ob New Member

I think it'll be a tough old match today, but it'll be a good test of our new signings. I wish I could watch it, but that's life...

13. psand22

psand22 Member

I like the way the team is playing and I think that with the suspensions and injuries for Shef. We will get the 3 points on the road - (2-1).

Lastuvka
    Liam - Zat - Christ - Que
    Rout - Brown - Volz - Radz
    McBride - Montella

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

figures; I just got off my duff yesterday and sprung for a subscription. Was going to give it the first shot for today's match.

Sigh.

15. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'm going to check if BBC London or BBC Sheffield is broadcasting the match. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't black it out in the States.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Perhaps we can access via Shitfield's site??

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

You the man, Dave.

What's the best kind of stuff? Free stuff.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

today's line-up:

Niemi is back in goal! Where's Rumstove?

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Hmmmm. No Christanval, no Russian. Hope we don't need them.

20. ob

ob New Member

Yeah thanks Dave. Any luck so far?