Setanta on Dish Network?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by kwdawson, Jul 4, 2007.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I read on big soccer that Setanta was coming to Dish Network, anyone know if its a rumor or if its true?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have heard rumours of the sort for the past six months, but still it has not happened. Just less than a year ago I changed to DirecTV and could not be happier. For sports and soccer in particular, it is the best. Setanta, GolTV, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Channel en Espanol as well as the family of ESPN networks.

If you have the chance to switch to DirecTV, go for it. And if anyone is thinking about switching to DirecTV, send me a personal message.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for 12 years and I echo Tom's sentiments above. Also note that for apartments/condos/places with HOAs/etc., there are laws to make it hard for them to stop you from having a dish.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I've had Directv for the past two years and couldn't be happier. Will Comcast be carrying Setanta Sports for this next season? I was hoping they would so I could cut back on my bill a bit.

5. Ayesha

Ayesha New Member

It's so new that it's not even on the Dish Network website, but Setanta is now on Dish Network! Channel 406. (Right next to GolTV on 407.) According to the Setanta website, there will be a free preview on channel 284 through Sept. 5.

No Setanta Xtra, at least not yet. Another msg board saying that's still in negotiations. Fingers crossed.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Now the logical next question, is Setanta part of a regular package on DishNetwork, or do you have to purchase a SportsPak, like on DirectTV?

If it is not extra, I know which one I will have to consider.

I do not believe Comcast or MediaCom offer Setanta, at all. But you can get through this website and ITVN.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Setanta on Dish Network?

Just as it is on DirecTV, Setanta can be viewed on an ala carte $14.99 per month basis. It is NOT part of any package.

8. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: RE: Setanta on Dish Network?

I currently have Time Warner, and have been putting some serious thought in to getting DirecTV simply for my soccer obsession.

anyone out there go from cable to DirecTV and can provide some good pros and cons?

Thanks!

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am a DirecTV person and I love it. From what I can tell based on others who have cable, the satellite is about the same price, the sports offered on DirecTV is much better and despite the claims that the feed goes out in bad weather and such, that is just NOT true. It might go down in a torrential downpour from time to time, but on the whole, I have loved being a DirecTV subscriber.

If you are seriously looking into getting DirecTV, send me a personal message on this site and I can talk with you more about it. I can get you a free installation in up to four rooms as well as getting $50 of your bill, a free DVD player, etc.

I made the move just over a year ago and I have been very pleased. You will too.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Damn! I'm interested.

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Setanta on Dish Network?

I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 1995 and I have to echo Tom's comments, especially about the bad weather part. In the Mid-Atlantic, we are known for torrential downpours in the late afternoon/early evening, but rarely does the signal go out, and if so, it's only for a few minutes. This is unlike cable, which went out on me just as much or more, just at unpredictable times.