Salcido leaves Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I think he was every bit as good as JAR has been, and was adjusting throughout the season. Too bad he had off the pitch issues (house break-ins, family being homesick, etc) because it was great to see an El Tri and USMNT player hugging after linking up for a goal.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When this article popped up on Friends of Fulham, among the reactions were references to crates of drugs and drive-by shootings. I guess our English counterparts don't see that as racism. I know that it was the constant barracking of Carlos that caused a few FulhAmericans to leave the FofF nest.

I thought Salcido was a significant upgrade over the HMS Konchesky [strong and powerful but slow on the turn], and he looked like a world beater in comparison to Riise, although the man has begun to round into form. I hope he has at least some good memories of his time at Fulham, and he just might be the only player ever to have a league winner's medal while on Fulham's books.

4. tim

tim Active Member

It's unfortunate. I really would have liked to see him hit his stride in the league. Like others have said, he would probably be contributing at the same level (if not more) than JAR. And it's always good to see CONCACAF players getting first team action in Europe.

If it didn't work out on the pitch, that's one thing. But to have him depart for off-the-pitch reasons, it's just a shame. Not that anything could have been done, necessarily. Just makes you think of what could have been.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This makes me sick. I wonder what others are going through that we aren't aware of. He was, and is, a plus player, and we needed him. Sad.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiments above. It's a shame, but hardly a surprise.

Don, based on my own experience, I'd suggest there are additional factors involved in FUSA folks leaving FoF, not the least of which was the phoenix-like rise from the ashes of FUSA. Thanks again to those who made that happen. :text-bravo:

7. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

AMEN and I second that emotion!!!

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thirded! The Senator for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I thought people got rewarded for doing a good job not punished.