???s for trip to FFC / Craven Cottage...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by JPBIV4, Feb 1, 2007.

1. JPBIV4

JPBIV4 New Member

Planning to attend the FFC/Blackburn match in April if the London trip comes together, and this is of the highest priority if it does. As I have not been to an EPL game, much less FFC/Craven Cottage, I have a few questions I was hoping those in the know could help me out with...any help is greatly, greatly appreciated. I have perused the other posts and will try to only answer questions that have not been covered elsewhere.

Match day pubs - it seems the best is the Golden Lion but this is only for "members" which I take as FFC members/supporters. What is the best pub to go to before the match that I can reasonably expect to get into about a1 to 1 1/2 hours before the match. Would prefer it to be FFC supporters only or at least a mix, not primarily visiting supporters. Please note we will be coming from Putney Bridge station. Definitely let me know if there is one to avoid at all costs.

At the Cottage, I understand security is now very tight (here as with all the EPL). Can I bring a camera into the stadium and take pictures? I would assume so as I have seen pics from matches on this site but I am looking for the most recent info. Also, as I'll be traveling can I take a small backpack into the stadium (it would just have stuff like camera, guidebook, IPOD, etc.)?

This may sound goofy but is there any particular chant or song it would be good to learn prior to the match, so we can really get into it?

I have a good handle on the best places to try to sit, so I guess that is about it.

Please post responses or e-mail me at jpburchfieldiv{%}remove.yahoo.com

and don't hold it against me that my team in Dallas is the Northside Arsenal, I just joined it, I didn't pick the name!! At least it is not Chelski, ha ha.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi JPBIV4,

You can bring camera's into the ground, you are not allowed to take commercial photographs. You can take a backback into the ground also. You are not allowed to take glass/cans or bottle tops into the ground, so if you are carrying drink you will get away with small juice cartons, but you are best off not taking in any liquid.

A good rule of thumb is that if you think it has enough weight to be throw or is small enough to take an eye out they security will probably remove it!

No alcholo is allowed into the stands and a hugh fine is in place for anyone entering the playing surface.

There are pleny of pubs around the area, although the option to arrive at the ground early, sampe some really weak larger and watch the teams warm up and the crowd build is also a nice option. I like the walk down Putney Highstreet sampling different pubs.

I hope it all works out for you and if you can, take in an away match too, the atmosphere is very different.

GBFC

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

JP... I modified your email for you... note that autobots prowl these boards and I'm sure you dont want the increase in emails from folks you never heard of.

Anyway... lucky you!

4. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: RE: ???s for trip to FFC / Craven Cottage...

Just don't drink too much good beer and forget about the match!

5. JPBIV4

JPBIV4 New Member

Thanks for the info. and the e-mail help!!!