Ruiz Setback

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

"Fulham have to plan without Bryan Ruiz for at least another four weeks after the attacker suffered a setback."
    http://ie.setanta.com/ie/fulham-suffer-ruiz-blow/

Terrible news. I do like him when he is on form, but we really don't need anymore Saha/AJ type players anymore.

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I love Ruiz WHEN he is on the pitch but Fulham need to be looking for another alternative to link up with Berbatov through the midfield.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Very disappointing. He needs to save these injuries for March 22nd. :shifty:

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:text-+1: He almost has to be looked at a luxury. When he's healthy,

Silver lining has to be the added motivation of getting that link up player early in the window as opposed to the last hectic hours.

5. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

Just seeing "Ruiz Setback" in the list of topics was enough to get me aggravated.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

By my count that's the second or third time he's reinjured (or had a setback) with that hamstring in the last year or so. I'm not a doctor and I slept in my own bed last night, but from what I know of hamstring injuries, it's easy for them to become chronic. The scar tissue is more susceptible to further injury and if you reinjure it before it fully heals, you wind up with more scar tissue.

It sounds probable that Ruiz is going to be another AJ.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

True about the scar tissue. But I am not certain it has to be chronic. As a runner I've had more than my fair share hamstring and calf strains and pulls, but I do notice a difference when I take my time warming up and cooling down and taking the necessary rest off when injured. I'm sure there is a difference between being a pro athlete where time on the field and performance is money and me be a recreational runner...but taking the necessary time off and not rushing things can be a huge benefit in being injury free. Plus, pro athletes have an added advantage of professional trainers, docs, and latest medical research.

Although some people are more susceptible to injuries than others, or so I've read somewhere out there on them nets.