Ruiz done for season?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Apr 8, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... arsal.html

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I know he hasn't lived up to the 10 million price tag..yet, but in my mind he was adapting to the league and this is really a crusher in terms of his continued progression. Fingers crossed that it isn't broken.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:clap:

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I really enjoy watching him play so if he's out for the rest of season that's a real bummer, especially since we're safe. We were in a position where we could just sit back and enjoy his creativity and now we may not get to.

5. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

Absolutely agreed with everyone. I must say, he is confounding sometimes losing the ball but I think that's a part of the progression of his game in the prem. If he and Dembele (who appear to be competing for caught in possession tally's) can sacrifice that last touch in favor of picking out the right pass or shooting, we could have two very creative, dynamic players to enjoy for some time.

Fingers crossed for something other than fracture. Because if my high school biology serves, metatarsal is the bone up on the foot, as opposed to say...a toe. Not good for this particular profession.

We're pulling for ya kid!

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -foot.html

:doh:

Well here's to the kids getting their chances. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

7. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Damn.... that's a shame. I was hoping it was just a sprained ankle or strained ligament or something. Basically, agree with everyone thus far. Oh well, look forward to seeing him make some progress in 2012-13- we're especially going to need him if we lose Demebele in the off-season. And as Heather said, it'll be nice to see the kids play- all the more reason for Special K or Frei to start the rest of the run into the end of the season.

~ Steve

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

to make it even more official:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... pdate.aspx?

Following an injury sustained against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday 7th April, the Club can report that Bryan Ruiz sustained a fracture in the 5th metatarsal in his foot.

A small operational procedure has taken place to repair the damage, and the Sports Science team advise a 10 week recovery period, prior to any form of training.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

10 weeks will likely affect his first WC qualifying games with Costa Rica. Feel bad about that but maybe it will help get Mexico a little too over confident, as they're in the same group.