Roy Hodgeson

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ohio4fulham, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Most of the time when you see a person in an interview or on the tv you think nothing specific of it. Occassionally you think "he/she seems nice" or "they seem mean". But for me, its a rare thing for lasting impression to be made.

When I watch an interview with Roy I'm always impressed. He just always seems to be classy and polite and pleasant. He's got that "thoughtful, kind grandpa" way about him when he talks and it just makes me glad that we've got a classy manager.

It's like I heard on Super Sunday Plus a few weeks back ... someone was speaking about Roy and said "how can you not like that man."

Just my thoughts ...

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Class and fair-play are the two thoughts I have tend to have about Roy's interviews.

3. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I just love when ever anyone says what a great run/win/thing "Fulham" are doing, he always corrects them by saying it is a great run for ANY club. Always sticking up for the club.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

His best show of class was when we were denied a decent shot of our first away win at Stoke because of two penalty shouts that were ignored. The referee was a rookie with a horrible track record, and the aggressive Stoke crowd completely flummoxed him. Roy refused to get engaged in any second guessing, and said that the referee had several difficult situations to assess and handled himself well. And this was after TWO decent shouts of ours were ignored. I haven't seen a top-level manager handle himself as well. Yet another reason to be proud to be Fulham.