Road trip to Columbus

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Aug 17, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Drove up and back to Crew Stadium last night from The 'Ville to see Mr. Donovan and the Galaxy play Greg Berhalter's men.
    They got spanked.
    Landon played the full 90 but all they could manage was a sidewinder from Zardes. The Crew, who have had their problems in recent years, looked like a real live football side. They outplayed the visitors in every phase and deserved their 4-1 victory.
    A few thoughts. The facility is bare bones, but is nice and user friendly. My section's (111) front row, which I was able to get a seat on, had a major design flaw. It was immediately adjacent to the portal for the section, which meant the majority of the folks behind us found it more convenient to enter and exit their seats by coming down and through us FOR THE ENTIRE MATCH. Survived, but it was annoying.
    That was the only major issue. The sightlines are great, and the pitch is immaculate. And four of the five goal scorers on the evening were 20-something Americans...Justin Meram, Ethan Finley and Ben Speas for the hosts and Gyasi Zardes for L.A. Meram was especially impressive, scoring and assisting on two of the goals.
    I think Herr Klinsmann's job figuring out who will be on the plane to Russia is going to be more difficult than many of us thought after what I saw in Columbus.
    Hoping to see Deuce there next season if the schedule makers cooperate. Here's hoping they continue to thrive.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Oh, and the match was wide open...NO yellow cards! How does that happen?