Reviews and kudos

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 1, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Plenty of people bitch about bad products and service on 'net forums.
    I like to post 'props' when things go right!

I wrote up ATT/SBC (Ohio) some time ago giving high marks for their current customer service - which had been REALLY SUCKY for years.. umm decades, actually.
    Rating: Response 5 of 5 (for both phone support and local tech response), expertise 3 of 5 (I had to point out the probable source of the intermittent line noise problem)

Another in that category: Dell Computers. Warranty Tech support
    Rating: Response 5 of 5, expertise 4 of 5

Just had my second and final contact with them as my 'premium extended warranty' runs out in a few days but JUST IN TIME, my Latitude laptop's little cooling fans began to howl from dry bearings after almost four years of very constant use.
    The phone was answered fairly quickly was talking to a support rep in about one minute. He took his time with me, and arranged 'next day' service.

Most impressive: the guy asked me if I had any OTHER problems with the laptop. I replied that the display lid had two hairline cracks from the hinge area to the corners. I hadnt even thought of that as covered by the warranty but sure enough, the next day Dell's local contractor shows up right on time with the proper parts and replaced both the fan module and the display housing.
    I previously had the motherboard replaced for a heat related trouble (same experience on that - no problems) so I'm probably good to go for another two years or so.

- - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - --

Anyone else with positive customer service stories? I think it's as important to recognize GOOD RESULTS as bad ones.
    Dont hesitate to post bad reviews for companies for whom we've come to expect better, though.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Dell customer service. They have been helpful and supportive of any issues my wife and I have had. Granted we have not had many issues with our laptops, but with the minor issues, they have been kind, courteous, professional and very helpful.

Another company that has fantastic customer service is Slingbox. I really like the new feature most companies have where you can chat with a representative online. In setting up and getting the Slingbox going I have had some questions about things and like Dell, the Slingox reps have been great. They are patient, helpful and answered my questions thoroughly. This is yet another reason I believe Slingbox is a great device.